So what did you do with your truck today?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today I lay down in the snow assessing the running problem - it won't. I'd swear I hear the IP clicking, but no go so I am imagining a line blockage somewhere or a definite IP problem, if not lift. But I know I have lift, I just can't say for sure what the pressure is.

Since I am only running the front tank at the moment, I may just 2 new lines to that tank until I get a replacement tank for the rear.

That was my day, but enough. I also had a herd of children running around I had to chase off of the silage bags, round bales, and the tractor they were jumping off into the snowbank. For a 5 year old, my little guy sure is advanced in his desire to be a bigger hinder than I was...

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll make this kind of a 2 part one..

Last week I hauled another 1.5 tons of scrap metal away for a buddy, and today I hauled an engine hoist for the same guy to his place from the farm. My truck is used very much as a truck so I think I am gonna be adding to this thread lots. :)

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moved a big filing cabinet in the back today. Just love how that airconditioning works, "hotter n' a snakes a$$ on a wagon route" here today 43c (109.4F) :eek:

silkyj87

Reaction score
Yeah that would be a bad deal, kids getting burnt by the stacks. When I was real young my grandpa had stacks on this truck (before they rotted off) and I don't remember getting burnt my self... I guess I'll just have to be careful. Were expecting our first kid here in April so it should be while before I need to worry about him getting burnt

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Sticking out that far into the airstream, they won't get that hot.
Can always get them heat shields. Lol

Might take mine to the car wash.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

silkyj87

Reaction score
I thought about heat shields but if I did that the would be to close to the edge of the door, if do some reason you got your fingers between the door and the pipes it would be very painful. But I think your right about them not getting to hot sticking out that far.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh, I couldn't tell how close it was from the pic. Lol

Mine barely get hot enough to melt anything down where it come through my bed into the y.
Only if I'm driving real hard.

Only thing about having them out in the air flow like that, is bugs in the summer time, road grime and crap in the winter.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Took a couple of days and visited my Dad in Delaware. Truck drove well despite axle yoke issues and metal to metal breaks as I contemplate what to do with my rear axle and brakes.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

silkyj87

Reaction score
Yeah I remember being young and my grandpa would give me a dollar so sit there for what seemed like hours rubbing them down with some steel wool haha

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Moved a big filing cabinet in the back today. Just love how that airconditioning works, "hotter n' a snakes a$$ on a wagon route" here today 43c (109.4F) :eek:

Nice to hear from someone down under. So how has that nice bumper guard worked out. what has hit the front end that it saved. I guess no matter what country you are in the hazards of animals running out in front of you are a problem. I hit a yearling angus on a no moon nite in a 1961 Ford Van doing 58 mph late one nite. this was on our honeymoon too. sure ruine that nite too. All thats in front of a van like this is a thin piece of sheet metal. Damn cows on the roads are hell here.

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Excuse me for the hijack of this thread but on the subject of "bumper guards" we call them bullbars or roobars down here. Wildlife is a real issue out in remote areas of Australia, so there's a massive market for manufacture of these bars for any make and model we drive out here. For instance, I hit 8 kangaroos (roos) in 12 days, going to work on the same 7 mile stretch of road in the old F150 pictured below !

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ I want one of those for the 86 F250! Looks good

Today the 6.9 was drove onto the lake for the first time. Loaded up the quad and all the fishing gear and headed out to the lake, got there and thanks to the little snow (but brutally cold) winter we have had I was able to drive wherever I wanted to on the lake. Only time I got stuck was leaving a buddies shack to head to town for supper and didn't get moving fast enough for the ol 2wd to make it through a small drift. Some quick shovelling and I was good to go. Really need to make the 3 hour round trip to pick up my 86 F250 6.9 4x4 though getting around rural Saskatchewan in the winter can suck with a 2wd diesel

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
long story short my batteries finally said f-you im done,an unwanted trip to napa for 2 brand new batts and she starts like new!! 2 1035ca @ 32*f an 875 cca @ 0* f hope they last a while lol