So what did you do with your truck today?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
No way would 3.55's be 2400rpm at 65mph, unless you're running golf cart tires.

I'm running about that with my 4.10's and taller tires.

I know because that's exactly where my psd spools the best. (2200-2600 rpm)

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Bad grounds can cause an erratic reading on the tachometer. I have even seen the tach drop 200rpm's when the head lights are turned on. 4:10's net you around 2500rpm's@75mph.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well I bought a set of front brake pads that are not needed just yet so today I'm going to buy a set of rear shoes that I really feel I need. Just still wondering if I can do that job one handed. My dominent left hand still has lots of swelling and very tender. I tried using a shovel in the wifeys garden on Sunday but couldn't really make the shovel do its part of the job. I could get it stuck into the dirt and pull it back but lifting a loaded shovel was not really working well. so I took baby shovel fulls of dirt and got done what I needed.. Did this all hoping for ***.. Nope.. that didn't happen either. I struck out big time there.. I wonder if she knows I only work for ***.. HMMM.. Might want to think about this more in the future.. Want something.. Get it first. Then do the job... Seems lke a good business plan...:eek::angel::angel::rotflmao

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary, you crack me up...ROFL..

NO DO NOT TRY rear brakes one handed...that's just looking to cause more damage to that other hand. Remember your modeling career is at stake here...don't do it safety first Gary and we don't want to see you lame from a gimped hand cause then what do ya do to a lame horse? Seriously plenty here are willing to help, go to them or have them come to there....but just do not one hand it...it's not a one handed job like the one you have when the wife does not help you out for work!

gandalf

Reaction score
Well .. Just still wondering if I can do that job one handed. My dominent left hand still has lots of swelling and very tender. ...so I took baby shovel fulls of dirt and got done what I needed.. Did this all hoping for ***.. Nope.. that didn't happen either. ...:eek::angel::angel::rotflmao

Listen carefully, Gary. The rear brakes on your truck do not have any baby springs. I'm pretty sure they're all Big Boy springs in there. Don't even think about doing those brakes until your hand is healed completely.

You did all the gardening hoping for ***, but your dominant left hand is not up to the job? Well then, use your right hand. I'm told it's just like dating a new woman.:angel::rotflmao

Problem solved!!:rolleyes:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Drove the SOB all the way to Amarillo, I have got the worst fuel mileage I have ever seen, around 12mpg. But I am towing 6000 lbs at 75mph! It's been driving alright, I had it rough start, air in line twice after filling up, we will see how it does in the morning.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have some tuning of injectors to do, plus the turbo. I'm just not hitting the numbers I think I should be. Next time I get a meter on this thing, I guess I need to match the tach to the meter. I was consistently at 10MPG on my trip to and from Vegas, and I was only GCVW of 12k. Around town right now I'm only hitting 15-16, but I know I am jack-rabbiting a bit in town.

I'll have to keep an eye out for a good pop-tester. I know a few passed through on Ebay recently.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Day two on the road done. Drove from Amarillo, tx to Kingsman, Az. Going to shoot for Redding, Ca. Truck ran extremely well. New Mexico gave us a 20 mph headwind so to maintain 65mph I was pushing 10-12 psi of boost and 800* EGT's. Then we hit the hills. As long as I hit it at 62mph or above I could maintain my speed all the way up. If I was below that my EGT's would get to hot otherwise I could. I had to downshift once because someone got in front of me and slowed me down to 50mph and my rpms just dropped to much. Out of flagstaff I was able to ride it with no throttle in 3rd gear at a nice 55mph all the way down without touching the brakes.

Highest EGT was 1200 when I dropped to 50mph WOT in 4th. I had my boost gauge (0-15psi) pegged for 3 minutes one time ;Sweet. I tell you after driving a few hours these things settle in and run so dang smooth.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Finished my 5" exhaust and sent it past the rear axle. 2-piece tailpipe section from Diamond Eye fit very well in case anyone is curious.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Love stacks that run outside like that! The only thing that scares me is someone like a kid burning themselves on it. Yes, I'm always around a lot of kids when at the farm.

2. A 5" exhaust? Sweet! What brand/year/etc did those diamond eye pipes come from? I remember putting a full turbo back system on my brother's 94 Cummins, and the sound and response is amazing.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
A 5" exhaust? Sweet! What brand/year/etc did those diamond eye pipes come from? I remember putting a full turbo back system on my brother's 94 Cummins, and the sound and response is amazing.

I used a 94-97 OBS Power stroke 2-piece tailpipe section, 10ft stick of 5" OD pipe, 3.5" to 5" MBRP adapter that I modified to fit my 3" down pipe. A few torc-tite band clamps and built my own hangers. Went together pretty smooth, helps to have a second set of hands and a few jack stands to mock it all up.
I am really pleased with the sound, it has a nice deep tone...lots of turbo whistle...and not nearly as much "gasser pop" as my smaller 3.5" banks system had. Definitely doesn't sound like the typical IDI.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin