So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Heat index was 106 degrees. No a/c. And only the speedo, brake lights and turn signals function. :D
Bring along a cooler with A LOT of iced down bottles of water. That's what I did on my last trip to Colorado last June when it was 100+. I stopped about every half hour to grab another bottle of water. Not fun but it worked. As long as the radio works, you're in business!

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bring along a cooler with A LOT of iced down bottles of water. That's what I did on my last trip to Colorado last June when it was 100+. I stopped about every half hour to grab another bottle of water. Not fun but it worked. As long as the radio works, you're in business!

I didn’t even get the luxury of the radio lol it was driven with the one wire method.

When I walked outside this morning I heard faint sounds of music off in the distance. Follow the music in the direction of the truck and go figure. Radio is on. White Snake lol

No key in the ignition. Lol

Dealing with major electrical issues I guess you’d say.

I’ve thought about naming the truck Chris (Christines Big Brother)

SumKindaRanch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Making one good truck out of 2, using my 1994 flatbed for parts on my 1990. Both 7.3 NA but the 90 is 4x4 and in better shape physically, the flatbed is mechanically. Moved radiators yesterday, today moving fuel tank, injectors, and maybe pump because the 90 isnt running too good right now.
You must be registered for see images attach

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Making one good truck out of 2, using my 1994 flatbed for parts on my 1990. Both 7.3 NA but the 90 is 4x4 and in better shape physically, the flatbed is mechanically. Moved radiators yesterday, today moving fuel tank, injectors, and maybe pump because the 90 isnt running too good right now.
You're in kinda close quarters there, aren't you?

I don' t think I could live that close to people, ever again.

25 years out in the sticks. Up until a couple years ago, closest neighbor was 1/4 mile away. All forest here. And plenty of bends and hills in the road, so that 1/4 mile seems like forever...

Just looking at your pictures and thinking it must be difficult dealing with neighbors while swapping parts around like that.

SumKindaRanch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're in kinda close quarters there, aren't you?

I don' t think I could live that close to people, ever again.

25 years out in the sticks. Up until a couple years ago, closest neighbor was 1/4 mile away. All forest here. And plenty of bends and hills in the road, so that 1/4 mile seems like forever...

Just looking at your pictures and thinking it must be difficult dealing with neighbors while swapping parts around like that.

They just want it fixed so it stops smoking out the neighborhood at this point, I have a small cattle farm in the area I spend most of my time at but no house on the property so I rent here

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapped out my starter with a good one I got from @tjsea and his brother.

Cranks over much faster now but still cranks longer than expected.

I also got a cab visor from them last month and I shot it with primer so I can see what I need to fill and blend before painting it up.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck suddenly stopped charging. Checked wiring to alternator, ok, so had to be either the alt or the regulator. Pulling the alt is one of the easier tasks on this engine - de-tension the belt, three bolts all up high and visible, and the output stud.

I seem to recall replacing the regulator a year or so back - lots of brush left, but the Chinese electronics likely failed. The slip rings are badly worn though. At that point I just spent $150 at O'Reilly on a lifetime warranted alternator. A few minutes to put it back on (97 degrees with 60% humidity. Bleah). Now charging normally again.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
(97 degrees with 60% humidity. Bleah).
I think this is why I haven't felt worth a darn since Saturday. I know I didn't drink enough water while I was mowing and went home about 3 hours later than I originally wanted to. I slept a good part of yesterday. Good thing I'm on "vacation". Too bad it was supposed to be spent working on my truck. Hopefully tomorrow.