So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't do it as I know nothing about body work but I had it done for me, had rust cut out of fenders and repaired. I did provide the supplies, paint and will be waxing it. Does that count?

You must be registered for see images attach

Well, you did pay for it so I think it counts.

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you did pay for it so I think it counts.
OK cool. This is my hunting/wheel'n truck but I'm trying to keep it as rust free as possible. Frame has 0 rust. Had the typical Ford rusted out fenders but only passanger side oddly enough. Drivers side is fine. Now she's rust free.

Tumbleweed210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the front/left Caliper, rotor, Pads, and wheel bearings all replaced today. It rained for the first half of the day, so the second side comes tomorrow.

side note, does anyone know what this thing is? it seems to be some sort of sensor that runs to the stock fuel filter mount. OEM water separator maybe? My rig has an aftermarket Racor unit, so I'm not entirely sure if the stock one is still in use.

That's the CONNECTOR for the factory heater in the factory FILTER HEAD...If'n you ain't using it PM me an' I'd be more than happy to give ya somethin' for it...been hunting the yards for one and nada down in Texas. Guess everyone else cut theirs off an threw them away?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I got the engine all ready to come out of my truck so I could fix the leaking rear main seal. My "wonderful" freebie cherry picker wouldn't raise. The damn drunk that gave it to me dumped out of the bucket of his tractor while he was trying to load it in my truck. When it hit the ground, the plug popped out of the cylinder and oil sprayed all over. Of course I didn't remember that until I tried to use it! A friend called about then and needed a ride to pick up a new serpentine belt for his truck so I told him to give me enough time to put everything and I'd take him. He sent me a text when I was about 2 minutes from leaving and said that he couldn't make it. I looked at the phone, looked at the garage, looked at the phone, looked at the garage and thought NOPE! I just left. I was already tired and dripping with sweat. Tomorrow, I'll put some oil in the cylinder and try it again. If that doesn't work, I'm going to push all of my ATVs out of the garage and use my chain hoist and A frame inside thee garage. i KNOW that will pull the engine out!

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the engine all ready to come out of my truck so I could fix the leaking rear main seal. My "wonderful" freebie cherry picker wouldn't raise. The damn drunk that gave it to me dumped out of the bucket of his tractor while he was trying to load it in my truck. When it hit the ground, the plug popped out of the cylinder and oil sprayed all over. Of course I didn't remember that until I tried to use it! A friend called about then and needed a ride to pick up a new serpentine belt for his truck so I told him to give me enough time to put everything and I'd take him. He sent me a text when I was about 2 minutes from leaving and said that he couldn't make it. I looked at the phone, looked at the garage, looked at the phone, looked at the garage and thought NOPE! I just left. I was already tired and dripping with sweat. Tomorrow, I'll put some oil in the cylinder and try it again. If that doesn't work, I'm going to push all of my ATVs out of the garage and use my chain hoist and A frame inside thee garage. i KNOW that will pull the engine out!
Not very often the rear main leaks on them.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the ole pearl out and got a good load of fire wood and had some issues with it lots of white smoke and high egts all of a sudden but took it easy and finished my work. I'll tear in to it in the morning . I also fired up old lock jaw an moved the rusty pig so I could mow the weeds around it and used it to help clean up the yard to make room for yet another project I'll post pics of the beast tomorrow when I get it home

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well I learned something today. Although you can pull an engine with the standard oil filter still on, if you try it with the FL1995 style, you'll make a big mess when you puncture the filter. This didn't even occur to me. I did eventually get the engine out. The cherry picker still didn't work after filling the oil in the ram. It's air/manual operated. The drunk that gave it to me said that if the air didn't work, you could still use it manually. WRONG! After I changed the air fitting over to thee style that I use, the air part worked fine. THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!! My arm didn't get tired from pumping the handle to raise the thing up. After the engine was out, I installed the ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, then I loosely fit the turbo, mount, and crossover/y pipes just to see how good they looked. I removed all of it except for the manifolds. I removed the rest of the exhaust from underneath the truck. So now that rattly POS is gone (thank God!). Then I was getting tired, but wasn't finished so I broke a small corner off of the HVAC box while I was trying to remove it. I was removing it so that I can fix a hole in it anyway so what's another repair? I guess you could say that I was kind of a destructive SOB today.:Thumbs Up