So what did you do with your truck today?

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after fighting with myself over seeing people with camper shells on there rig before I got my '93 they traded my fifth wheel for cattle/camper shell leave it to a family farmer any way got the urge after two ura of it sitting at my ex's house to set it on today picture below, man I forgot the extra weight n that it needs fiber glass repair but I can go camping now plus no water in my bed that has a hole..also have the original place it was made n bought.
You must be registered for see images attach

I wish I could find a high-top shell like that for my '91! My '90 had a camper with damage similar to yours, I ended up installing 8' long 1X2s with Liquid Nails and securely bolting the thing on. No further damage, and was tight against the bed!

Eli

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapped out the worn steering rod and put in a aftermarket one took out more than half the play in my steering wheel

I did have to modify the replacement to make it fit thankfully it telescopes just like the OEM one and it has a built in damper

Totally worth the money right??

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Down the rabbit hole, now would be the time to reseal the oil cooler as well.
Especially while the exhaust manifold is off. I don't believe that you have to lift up that side of the engine if the exhaust manifold is off. I'm having the "Rabbit Hole Syndrome" with my truck right now. I HATE rabbit holes. I'm starting to hate the stinking rabbits that make them too!:shoot:-cuss I know it's the best thing to do, but I miss driving my IDI!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes but still pricey too me at 300$ for a steering joint, I just hope it lasts.....
Oh wow.... I got mine from amazon. I don’t think it was that much.

No. $206 currently

Borgeson 980 Steering Shaft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001C5Y4DQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2mrADb5S0HPPG

I did mine here:

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/borgesson-steering-shaft-just-do-it.85689/#post-1026515

I don’t know. It was worth the money to me to get rid of the white knuckles towing. With that, the new box and new links, it’s probably as tight as it was from the factory.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night: removed right side inner fender panel. Bought a quart of POR-15

Ordered new front cab mount bushings. I went with stock rubber over poly. The factory radiator support bushings look fine actually.

This weekend, I have unprecedented amounts of free time. I hope to get the exhaust manifold gaskets done, and brush/POR-15 all the rust in the wheel wells and radiator support.

Next week, i'd like to change the front cab bushings. There is some rust where the cab sits on the bushings, that needs to be stopped or it will become a problem. I think a wire brush/degreaser/POR-15 combo will do the trick. I'll have good access with these inner fenders out, so now seems like the time.

The rear cab mounts will get done later down the road when I install a 38 gallon tank and ditch the FSV and front tank.

Looking forward: My truck only runs on the front tank now. The rear tank is full and the fuel is of an unknown age (probably 5+ years) The rear tank return line is hopelessly plugged.

I'm thinking about building a cheap fuel transfer/polishing setup and run the front tank down low, then transfer fuel from the rear tank to the front tank to empty the rear tank. Then I can run the front tank low again, and transfer the remaining few gallons (since I don't want to actually run out of fuel) out of the front tank to a jerry can. So I end up with two empty tanks, then I can drop the tanks and install my new single 38 gal tank.

Something like this.. these already have 3/8" fittings and I have plenty of 3/8" fuel line laying around (I think I bought a 25' spool and used maybe 5-6 feet of it replacing stuff on the idi)

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atx-e8153/overview/

https://www.amazon.com/Separator-Fi...PPYDA264593&psc=1&refRID=WCKG4Q364PPYDA264593

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow.... I got mine from amazon. I don’t think it was that much.

No. $206 currently

Borgeson 980 Steering Shaft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001C5Y4DQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2mrADb5S0HPPG

I did mine here:

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/borgesson-steering-shaft-just-do-it.85689/#post-1026515

I don’t know. It was worth the money to me to get rid of the white knuckles towing. With that, the new box and new links, it’s probably as tight as it was from the factory.

I know you did lol, that write up is the reason I did mine, kept staring at how you tubed your front end (nice sheet metal work) and it’s been itching my skin like fiberglass to do that to another project of mine ( 65 mercury pickup)

Anyways The steering shaft was a 000985 not the 000980, not too sure on the difference but the one I got had a build in damper

I believe the price point is 206 for the 000980 and 296 for the 000985

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to getting Raylan road worthy again! I re did the leaking valve covers from my adventures in Texas with Wes and sorted out a bunch of other little things. Made plans to limp about three hours upstate to meet Chris, Chillman88 and swap in my new tranny. Wouldn't you know it, while I was out picking up the necessary supplies for the transmission swap, one of my front calipers started dragging seriously. That plus the fact that the way the transmission was acting made me rethink the limping to Chris's shop... The Chillman, rock star that he is, hooked up his flatbed and promptly hauled ass to pick me and my disabled truck up. He brought his wife along, so after a brief visit to our house where I pulled about six shots of espresso and made three large cappuccinos at 11pm, we loaded up and hit the road! It took a few days of sleep deprived nights but we got it done! All said, we installed the HD rebuilt e4od that I bought from njgearhead666. It's got about 40k on it since the rebuild. Anthony sold it because he was hit and elected to part his truck out since the frame had too much rust. I had the same guy who built the transmission freshen up the HD triple clutch torque converter that the tranny was bought with. It came with a Mag-Tech pan too! We installed a new fluid filter, Ford 6.0 32 row transmission cooler, 23 qts. NAPA Mercon V, did a Oil change 11qts. Devlac 5-30, Motorcraft 1995 filter, new NAPA front brake calipers & pads and new wiper blades:Thumbs Up next, I've got to pull the air bags and bed tank from Diego the mule and install them on Raylan the bull (not nose). Gotta do shocks and get some new tires too. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a intercooler installed before pulling our house south for the winter...

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Kno it's not the bullnose but I ran her and got a load of wood then came home and grabbed the Chev for a load of hay forthe hay burners

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin