So what did you do with your truck today?

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took her to the dump then to pick n pull half price weekend. Not one bull nose tailgate or manual pedal set to be found. No IDIs either. I was hoping to find some IPs and injector cores.

Did luck upon a pristine tailgate for the Jeep liberty. Only thing that would have been better was if the color matched. Not bad for $38 out the door. Beats $250 a full service junkyard would want.

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New injector return lines/o rings/clamps/t's. (see "what did you break on your truck today")

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little trash hauling. 13k on the scales. Everytime I tow I want to install my turbo. Everytime I take a pic I want to take off the side molding.

Shocks are definitely on the top of my list

You must be registered for see images attach

I have a set of Monroe Gas-Magnum shocks coming off of my truck if you are interested. Less than a year old and about 2000 miles on them. I’m not unhappy with them but I am upgrading to bilsteins.

They are $130 shipped new from RA and i’ll do $65 shipped.

Also have a set of injector cores. Not sure what those are worth or why I am keeping them

What did I do with my truck... replaced the tcase output shaft seal and got the cruise control working. The only reason it wasn’t working, no fuse!

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a new stereo in Friday, discovered the under-dash wiring is a mess of crimp connectors, electrical tape, and wire nuts. The trucks runs really well, and is really solid, I hope it's worth the effort!

Eli

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a new stereo in Friday, discovered the under-dash wiring is a mess of crimp connectors, electrical tape, and wire nuts. The trucks runs really well, and is really solid, I hope it's worth the effort!

Eli

What did you get? I'm shopping for a stereo for Raylan, not looking to rattle the windows in the car next to me. Just want a head unit with enough power that an additional amp is not mandatory. Upgraded speakers in the factory location and *maybe* a small sub. *maybe* a small powered sub...

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abandoned her.

Well, not really abandoned.

But it sure did look awfully forlorn, sitting there at the shop, when I drove away.

In a week or two, I'll get back a truck that I won't have to be forever dinking with stuff on.

Doesn't mean I WON'T be forever dinking with it. LOL But I won't HAVE to!

:D

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you get? I'm shopping for a stereo for Raylan, not looking to rattle the windows in the car next to me. Just want a head unit with enough power that an additional amp is not mandatory. Upgraded speakers in the factory location and *maybe* a small sub. *maybe* a small powered sub...

Some Sony with BlueTooth, actually bought it for my CVPI last year - I switched it with the cheap 'Dual' brand that was in the truck because I wanted the BT capability in the truck.

I get to switch rear ends this week, it looks like... upgrading to a later-model with 3.55 gears for less than the bearings and seals to fix the existing disaster!

Eli

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I get to switch rear ends this week, it looks like... upgrading to a later-model with 3.55 gears for less than the bearings and seals to fix the existing disaster!
I'd say that you got a deal on that one.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I just used my 81 F150 to haul off some tree branches that I trimmed up. Over 25 years ago, I had a tree branch knock a Ford hat off my head while I was mowing. It fell right in front of the mower deck and I couldn't get it stopped in time.:cry: To this day, I HATE tree branches hitting my head when I mow under them and I still haven't completely recovered from that Ford hat trauma!

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just used my 81 F150 to haul off some tree branches that I trimmed up. Over 25 years ago, I had a tree branch knock a Ford hat off my head while I was mowing. It fell right in front of the mower deck and I couldn't get it stopped in time.:cry: To this day, I HATE tree branches hitting my head when I mow under them and I still haven't completely recovered from that Ford hat trauma!

Reminds me of a story:
I've got a friend who's a big time ornamental palm tree grower. He lives on a plot near his groves and as such, his house is magnificently landscaped. Anyway, one morning he was sitting outside enjoying his morning coffee and the next thing he remembers is waking up on the the ground, feeling a cut on his head. His head was wet, and his first thought was blood. It took a moment since he was disoriented to realize that it was water from a smaller green coconut that had hit him on the head. He says that it was gods way of reminding him to be good to the trees and animals in his groves...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For what it's worth, I've had a couple Kenwood head units and I've been very happy with both of them.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of stereo, I recently became the owner of over 250 8-track tapes, many new never opened. Being the "packrat" that I am, started exploring ideas of actually using these. Purchased a NOS 8-track player found on ebay and instead of mounting it in the truck paid an electronics guy to make it a little more user friendly. He added a gizmo allowing the 8-track player to be a stand alone unit that can simply be plugged into cig lighter and listen thru radio station. Meaning it can easily be moved to any vehicle by plug in to cig, and tune radio to 88.3 FM play any 8-track. Eliminates the need to permanently mount in truck and all of the associated wiring issue of another unit. Works great!

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of stereo, I recently became the owner of over 250 8-track tapes, many new never opened...

Lol, I remember my grandfather's Bronco had a 8 track under the dash. I still remember the thunk-thunk when changes tracks.

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin