So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I spent some more money on it and it hasn't even left the driveway since Monday.:( At least I was buying more parts to do my turbo install.:Thumbs Up Since I have to replace a leaking rear seal, and, for various reasons, I'm going to pull the engine to do it, I decided that it would be a good time to fix the hole that's in the side of the A/C box. I have some plastic and some plastic adhesive, I'm going to patch it. More thinking: The engine will be out, I'll already be right there working on the A/C box, I want to get the A/C working again for next summer, that would also be a perfect time to replace the evaporator too. So, more money spent.:dunno There won't be a better/easier time to replace it though.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent some more money on it and it hasn't even left the driveway since Monday.:( At least I was buying more parts to do my turbo install.:Thumbs Up Since I have to replace a leaking rear seal, and, for various reasons, I'm going to pull the engine to do it, I decided that it would be a good time to fix the hole that's in the side of the A/C box. I have some plastic and some plastic adhesive, I'm going to patch it. More thinking: The engine will be out, I'll already be right there working on the A/C box, I want to get the A/C working again for next summer, that would also be a perfect time to replace the evaporator too. So, more money spent.:dunno There won't be a better/easier time to replace it though.

Isn't that just awful though, might as well while I'm in there really breaks the bank sometimes!!!

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful... going to end up with a full frame off restoration! :)

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Isn't that just awful though, might as well while I'm in there really breaks the bank sometimes!!!
Terrible! Since I decided to cancel my last vacation for this summer, I had a little money left over. I still have the 12,13, and 14 off of work this month, so I decided that I might as well make good use of it instead of sitting around the house watching TV.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Careful... going to end up with a full frame off restoration! :)

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual
Oh no! Strictly function before form for me. I have yet to win that big lottery. If I ever do, then I'll go the body off route!;) I may also look harder for my dream truck that would be a lot like yours.:Thumbs Up

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after fighting with myself over seeing people with camper shells on there rig before I got my '93 they traded my fifth wheel for cattle/camper shell leave it to a family farmer any way got the urge after two ura of it sitting at my ex's house to set it on today picture below, man I forgot the extra weight n that it needs fiber glass repair but I can go camping now plus no water in my bed that has a hole..also have the original place it was made n bought.
You must be registered for see images attach

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week we loaded a 2,000 pound camper into the back of the truck and took a road trip. Monday we drove to Gakona by way of Tok. Tuesday we went around the corner to Glennallen and changed the voltage regulator. I learned that the '89 crew cab has the ambulance package with a Motorcraft alternator, not the Leece-Nevile. After that we ran on down to Valdeze and came home late Wednesday night. It was about 700 miles total, and a long, steep 15 mile climb to the top of Thomson pass on the way out of Valdeze. As I recall, that's about 2,500 feet in 15 miles. The old truck managed to make 45 miles per hour in 4th gear all the way up. Good thing there's a truck lane most of the way. I did see the temp gauge climb a little on the steep places, but it never got past the ``m'' in ``normal.''

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy Shmoly the truck has working a/c now! If you live in the South, you know how important this is for summer cruising!

I’ve owned it since 2016 and there wasn’t a v belt installed when I bought it. Figured something went wrong somewhere down the line and that’s why the belt was off. Nope. Turns out someone was just that lazy. Belt broke and they said f*ck it! I don’t need a/c.
Well not me, truck is going into full time service and I don’t like riding with the windows down all the time in the heat.

Threw a belt on, $8 hooked up the gauges and did the paper clip trick on low pressure switch to engage compressor, she spun nice so we pulled a vacuum. Held vacuum for about 45 mins so we threw a can in her 4.99 and another 4.99 and another 4.99 lol

Argh there she blows!

:smoke:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Threw a belt on, $8 hooked up the gauges and did the paper clip trick on low pressure switch to engage compressor, she spun nice so we pulled a vacuum. Held vacuum for about 45 mins so we threw a can in her 4.99 and another 4.99 and another 4.99 lol

Argh there she blows!
Kind of makes me wonder why there was no freon in there.

carsonlhammond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could just be a very very slow leak. Or like a tire that will hold air for years as a daily driver, then go flat after sitting a month. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I’ve had this happen and never understood it. Seems like the cheap highway tires on my girlfriends taurus do it bad. It be fine for months but let it sit for a week and at least one tire will be 10 pounds low.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had this happen and never understood it. Seems like the cheap highway tires on my girlfriends taurus do it bad. It be fine for months but let it sit for a week and at least one tire will be 10 pounds low.

Take the tire off and spray it down with very soapy water.

You’ll find the leak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online