Shocks and springs

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as many of you know my truck was in a front end collision recently. Got her back,on the road finally, but after looking closely I've noticed a slight bend downward in the passenger side spring right before the shackle loop on the spring. So I'm just wondering where people send/take their springs to get them fixed or re-arched? The truck is my 94 F350 turbo. The front springs are lift springs. Also, I've needed some new shocks for awhile, anybody got some good reccomendations? The best you can get period, and the best for the money??? Do y'all think dual steering stabilizers are worth it on these bigger trucks?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've always gone with either bilstein or Rancho on the jeeps, but this big ol' girl is a "little" heavier than the jeep lol

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've always gone with either bilstein or Rancho on the jeeps, but this big ol' girl is a "little" heavier than the jeep lol

Yeah, I've got Old Man Emu shocks on my overland XJ, but other than going with a top brand, I've got no idea what is good on the big mule.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should add that the steering on my truck is actually pretty decent considering it a lifted 4wd f350 and sees dirt roads on a daily basis.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm loving my bilsteins. I cheaped out the first time around and bought the yellow Monroes, and I killed both of the front shocks in under 5K miles, i think they were only designed to fit, not designed to deal with a heavy diesel engine. Learned my lesson, replaced the monroes with bilsteins and 10K miles later they're not dead yet

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t remember if they were the 5100’s or not. Give me a second and I will look up what I put in the 94.

Edit...they were 4600’s for the 94.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any model in particular?
Keep in mind that your truck and my truck are probably going to need two different shocks... Your on a f250 (dunno what kind of suspension or axle you have) and I'm on a lifted f350.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that your truck and my truck are probably going to need two different shocks... Your on a f250 (dunno what kind of suspension or axle you have) and I'm on a lifted f350.

Of course. My Mule is a 2WD F-250 with a E4OD. At the moment, I don't recall what rear it has.
I wish it was a 4x4 350...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online