Torque Specs for U-Bolts and Leaf Spring Bushings

screwhead

Reaction score
1993 7.3 idi f250 4x4 Dana 50
I have just about finished replacing the bushings for all of my leaf springs, including the rear, rear shackles. But can’t find for sure what the torque specs are for u-bolts or bushing bolts and would like to get those correct before I hit the road. If you have any of the specs would that be appreciated but need ones for both the front and rear. Thanks again for all y’all’s help.
I won’t forget to travel without my shop manuals again.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Sounds like basic fastener torque - depends on the ubolt size.

I make a point to re-tighten ubolts after some miles.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go way down below a thread you are in, there are similar threads, here is one with some
torques.

Goat

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe. . . I did mine at 190#. as this was a project, I redid them several days in a row allowing for stretch. If your going to drive it upon assembly, I suggest recheck them after a day and then roughly at 500 miles. I was impressed at how much they loosened up.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you tighten the bushing bolts, make sure the truck is sitting on the ground with weight on the springs. Don't tighten them up with the rearend hanging in the air and the springs at full droop.

If you made that mistake already, with it on the ground, just loosen the bushing bolts and then re-tighten them.