Shocks and springs

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they don't adjust ride height just firmness, since you mentioned your lifted the rs5000 maybe a good set since they are a little stiffer they helped my truck from swaying on corners since mine didn't come with sway bars. unfortunatly I've never rode in a truck with bilsteins so I can't compare the two
My truck has never really felt too bad on turns... But then again I have away bars with fresh bushings lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I could find Bilstein does not have a 5100 series for the 1980-1997 F250/F350 4WD. You can get 2WD shocks up to 6" of lift. So if the attachments are the same then it's possible. I personally would recommend either Rancho or Skyjacker for shocks if Bilstein isn't available. I abused Skyjackers in a 70's F250 on the sand dunes, and watched Rancho get similar treatment and they help up nicely.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I could find Bilstein does not have a 5100 series for the 1980-1997 F250/F350 4WD. You can get 2WD shocks up to 6" of lift. So if the attachments are the same then it's possible. I personally would recommend either Rancho or Skyjacker for shocks if Bilstein isn't available. I abused Skyjackers in a 70's F250 on the sand dunes, and watched Rancho get similar treatment and they help up nicely.
I've actually had quite the opposite experience with skyjacker. Myself and friends have never had good luck with their stuff. But I've never used their shocks so I can't speak for those.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you know if they (Bilstein) have un lifted stock sized replacements for a 2wd 250?

Pork_Chop50

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bilstein 4600 series 24-013284 front; 24-013291 rear. I did the 4600 series on mine a little over two years ago, and while being a 350 the ride is never going to be smooth I do think they improved.

Pork_Chop50

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I just spend my time poorly and apparently like doing research. My wife references my bookmark list as truck ****, since it's collection of catalog pdf's for any other the manufacturers I tend to reference. Like Bilstein or Mahle. Basically I'm avoiding doing real homework with this nonsense.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I just spend my time poorly and apparently like doing research. My wife references my bookmark list as truck ****, since it's collection of catalog pdf's for any other the manufacturers I tend to reference. Like Bilstein or Mahle. Basically I'm avoiding doing real homework with this nonsense.

Sounds like we're a bit alikecookoo

In any case, thanks for doing the research! Both front and rear are available on amazon for $73 per.:cheers:

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I avoid real homework with a thing called trade school lol. I got everything not related to my degree done in the first semester (18th credit hours all online. HORRIBLE) and now it's just the stuff I already know.

Pork_Chop50

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for you. When I was younger I considered trade school, but didn't do anything until I was older. Finished by first BS in 2013 at 30 and am now leaning HEAVILY towards another. Apparently I didn't learn enough the first time.........

*Please do not read sarcasm in that. There was genuine admiration, not a snotty tone.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has never really felt too bad on turns... But then again I have away bars with fresh bushings lol

Sway bars must be nice lol my truck never has them to my knowledge I think it's because it's a 350 and it's older and the springs are pretty stiff as it is but not sure

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sway bars must be nice lol my truck never has them to my knowledge I think it's because it's a 350 and it's older and the springs are pretty stiff as it is but not sure
Mines a 350 as well but it is "newer" I guess. Seeing as how it's a 94 I guess Its about as new as an IDI can get lol

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited: