Shocks?!?

silexis

Reaction score
mine did a similar thing. it was a ball joint that really didn't seem that bad when prying on the wheel checking for play

papadiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I danced around and finally went with Bistiens, it’s the yellow ones with baby blue boots best move I’ve ever made I’ve tried Ranchos and other ones these will make your ride much more rideable though they are obviously still staff Mine is a 1989 with a 7.3 four-wheel-drive I paid just under 300 for all four last year, it is true you get what you pay for

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I danced around and finally went with Bistiens, it’s the yellow ones with baby blue boots best move I’ve ever made I’ve tried Ranchos and other ones these will make your ride much more rideable though they are obviously still staff Mine is a 1989 with a 7.3 four-wheel-drive I paid just under 300 for all four last year, it is true you get what you pay for

When I went to do my front shocks with Bilsteins like you described, I found that the front right upper shock mount nut was gone. The stud on the shock wasn't broken or stripped, the nut had just come off at some point. Very strange. It was no wonder the front end felt bouncing on that side.

How I found it:
You must be registered for see images attach

Comparing the old Monroes with a new Bilstein. The one completely compressed in is the one that had lost the nut:

You must be registered for see images attach

I had a rear pair put on a 78 Dodge van years ago and it made a world of difference. I put a new rear pair on a 96 Dodge van for a friend last year (she paid for em) and she was very pleased with them too.

papadiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said you get what you pay for it will not make it ride like a Cadillac but then again if you want to ride like a Cadillac by a Cadillac :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online