Rear spring blocks

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So one of the things I found is that the rear leaf spring blocks I used are causing me a problem. I have a driveline vibration that gets worse when pulling hard. If you get back and look at the drive shaft and pinion, they are almost straight right now with no load. Throw in a little axle wrap and now the angle is backwards to what it should be. So I'm looking for replacement blocks with no taper to them.
You must be registered for see images attach

As you can see, this block has a taper probably to correct the driveline angle on the super duty it was intended to lift.

You must be registered for see images attach

These are the 250, 350, and superduty blocks together. I guess I need a stock style 350 block to correct the driveline angle.

What are you guys using as replacements? These were messed up because someone ran them with the u-bolts loose.

Thanks.

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I met a guy who said you can do a shackle flip and lose the blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Is it possible to swap left for right causing them to shim the other way?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to swap left for right causing them to shim the other way?
Thought about that but I'd think it would cause the same issue in reverse. Finding a 4" flat bock is proving tougher than I thought. Now I remember why I gave up and bought these in the first place.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
put the tremec pinion angle app on your iphone and see whats what, that should help you figure out how many degrees of correction you need.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean you could make your own. you could get some stainless square tube with thick wall, drill the holes you need and if you want could box the ends for extra strength.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold some guys some chunks of 1"X3" flat bar that they were going to stack and make their own blocks. Far as I know it's working for them.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would have kept my eyes open at that yard in Kentucky for a set. If you can't find a set it really wouldn't take much to make a some.