Questions about Facet pump conversion

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
everything before the ip is low pressure, correct. the mechanical lift pump probably does not produce alot of psi or gph so why would the facet pump not provide enough fuel?

Oyevey
There has gotta be +5 e pump threads here!

Not one has a 100% vote rating either way!

There is a groundswell moving AWAY from the Fawcett!

Mine rocks in its new home! (As a transfer pump to fill my tractor)!

Can one use them and get by? YES!
But how much more $$$ is a holley or the like?

Op recall the guys whom have left the e pump powered OFF AND DRIVEN DOWN THE ROAD?!
PERHAPS bring a chunk of bypass hose along for safety? (Bypass mech pump if it quits on the road) ....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
my truck was NA, my friends and i from vo-tech installed the banks turbo kit in November, when the truck was finished we turned up the na ip 2 flats. i looked up the spec for the mechanical lift pump and it says 3-5 psi under load. the facet pump is 33gph with 9-11.5 psi. if i do a stage 1 ip and injectors would it not have enough fuel with the pump only doing 33gph? it should hopefully have enough psi. my ip and injectors are both old and the ip with reach its "lifespan" (125k) next year and when i have to replace them i woud prefer to upgrade them to stage 1s
I'm not trying to be a jerk here. You posted asking if we thought that the Faucet would be a good lift pump to use. Several people have said that their opinion is no, gave examples of why, and also some hard numbers from using a fuel pressure gauge. You still seem to be dead set on using a Faucet so maybe you should just buy one, put it on, and let us know how it does.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a jerk here. You posted asking if we thought that the Faucet would be a good lift pump to use. Several people have said that their opinion is no, gave examples of why, and also some hard numbers from using a fuel pressure gauge. You still seem to be dead set on using a Faucet so maybe you should just buy one, put it on, and let us know how it does.

I agree that Facet might not be a good choice. but my NA F250 runs this....

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...umps/carbureted_electric_fuel_pumps/parts/12D

...which is an even crappier pump (but is 2GPH higher). Never checked the fuel pressure on it but it drives fine. Towed a 27ft travel trailer with it too. Drove in moutains (not towing) etc. Only time the truck had issues was over 10k ft in CO, it wouldn't hardly restart if turned off. Once I got down to 9k feet, it was fine again.

So to OP, run a Facet if you have your heart set on it. It'll probably be fine? But maybe not? Who knows! Some people put a Holley red pump and their engine runs fine with no timing adjustment needed, while mine needs it so badly that it lost top end power.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would not say i am "dead set" on it but i am strongly leaning towards it cause i can get it for $135 at napa. i have heard of people having success with them in the past. i did not realize that there was other pumps that people liked and that there was that much of a debate on which is better. well atleast i know now that it will get diesel from the back tank and that it might not have enough fuel for a bigger ip, which is the things i wanted to find out

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know alot of you have recomended that i get a fuel psi gauge aswell, should i get this kind of gauge that CDD makes? is the placement of the gauge good on it? https://classicdieseldesigns.com/co...pump-feed-line-upgrade?variant=32084277002319
The deletes the hard line, which isn't a bad idea, both of mine got messed up when taking them off and they are leak prone.

You don't need that though for getting a fuel pressure gauge setup in your truck, and remember that's under the hood not in the cab while you are driving which is when most of the facets are falling short under load.

If you do go with it though it's a nice kit, I have it. Owner of that company is active here too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
i would not say i am "dead set" on it but i am strongly leaning towards it cause i can get it for $135 at napa. i have heard of people having success with them in the past. i did not realize that there was other pumps that people liked and that there was that much of a debate on which is better. well atleast i know now that it will get diesel from the back tank and that it might not have enough fuel for a bigger ip, which is the things i wanted to find out

Holley Red can be gotten for about $100 from Advance Auto online. (the 25% off code wiki25 might still work?) What is nice about them is you can buy repair kits for about $25 and toss it in your glove box. I'm not sure about how much lift it can do since I installed it on the frame rail on my RV. I seem to recall reading that it's more of a pusher than a puller, so the frame is probably the better place for it.

EDIT: Nope, Advance has stopped allowing extra discounts on Holley pumps. I got lucky then getting my Red with a promo code.

Last edited:

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be another vote against the Facet pump. I was running it with a 110cc pump and stage 1 injectors . Could not keep up. I read all he info , and at the time it seemed the schizzel. I ran it for maybe 10 grand so I gave it a good run. Switched to a Holley red, for now it's doing the job..Future plans are for a Walbro with a regulator set up. I did a bunch of research before installing both pumps and as stated earlier in the thread there are some variables that can effect the performance of any set up.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll chime in here. NOOOOO Facet! Yes I do have a Facet installed on my truck and it does seem to keep up with an N/A pump turned up 1 flat. For a while my filter light was coming on if I tried to pull a hill with the RPMs up near the governor but I cleaned the connection where the sensor plugs in and now the light will only come on if I turn off the e-pump and let the IP suck it up. Who knows if it's really working properly.

Wes of CDD said he had good luck with the Mr Gasket 105p(Holley too) so I will be switching to that one as soon as life stops getting in the way. I will add that it seems better to have a little more pump than you need and just regulate it down which should ensure a more consistent fuel pressure feeding the IP throughout the RPM range as well as greater volume of fuel moved. And no matter which e-pump you choose I would recommend buying a spare and keep it in the truck--pretty cheap and easy to make sure a busted pump doesn't stop you.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my previous post in this thread, the most accurate answer is it depends and to pay attention to the free flow GPH VS pressure and what psi your vendor of choice would like you to put to the inlet of the pump if it's modded.

I might create a thread about picking an electric pump soon, there's alot of questions lately and alot of misinformation even on Google/reviews.

First thing to keep in mind, the pumps below are HVLP(high volume low pressure) pumps and they are gravity fed. You usually want them 2ft-18inches from the tanks or as close as you can get them and have them push the fuel forward. If you have them at the front of the vehicle, you will burn them out and then see people make 1 star reviews.

If you are N/A to mild build I would go holley red 12-801-1 with adjustment screw @5psi. This will flow 67gph which will sustain your peak requirements, rest will go through the return system which you can put a gauge on and should be 1-2psi.

For other options you mentioned, both are fine, but I'd go with Mr Gasket 95 in the situation build above, which will flow 65gph at that pressure.
You can also go with Mr Gasket 105 as you mentioned, which comes with a regulator which is set at 14psi, and bring it down to 9 psi at 70GPH but depends on your pump.
For the Mr Gasket 105 theoretical example, if you have a modded pump and are sent a flow graph @10psi Inlet pressure then the 105 lines right up, makes sense?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another no for the fac-et.

A moose junior is a pretty small pump by today’s standards, it’s at most a 25% bump from a factory turbo spec so you may have no issues with a lower output electric pump, I would go with a Holley red or mr gasket 105p. The mr gasket comes with a regulators that works decent (Holley 21-803 is a great upgrade) but still costs less the facet and will keep up with a 110 pump.

As said before, the facets have over rated flow specs and often times won’t even keep up with stock pumps. The cheap bowl repeatedly causes air intrusion and at least once a week I hear of a customer throwing theirs away. Waste of money

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online