Questions about Facet pump conversion

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hacked89, that meme is pretty funny
ok so ive done some thinking and i am starting to consider doing a holley pump instead of facet. if i get one i would be looking at the blue or black, for more fuel psi in the future, plus a regulator. 1 where can i get a blue or black pump cheapest, not on a super tight budget but every dollar saved helps 2 are they reliable with pumping diesel, with it being a thicker and heavier fuel than gas? 3 where have you guys mounted your holley pumps and which mounting locations work better/are the best? 4 i know i will need a pump, a regulator, hose, barbs/fittings. is there anything im forgetting for just installing a holley pump?
guys, thank you for being patient with me, i know i am a pain in the butt to work with sometimes

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
hacked89, that meme is pretty funny
ok so ive done some thinking and i am starting to consider doing a holley pump instead of facet. if i get one i would be looking at the blue or black, for more fuel psi in the future, plus a regulator. 1 where can i get a blue or black pump cheapest, not on a super tight budget but every dollar saved helps 2 are they reliable with pumping diesel, with it being a thicker and heavier fuel than gas? 3 where have you guys mounted your holley pumps and which mounting locations work better/are the best? 4 i know i will need a pump, a regulator, hose, barbs/fittings. is there anything im forgetting for just installing a holley pump?

Holley Blue comes with a regulator, so that can save you some money. Get some yellow, gas rated teflon tape for the fitting threads if nothing else. They will leak otherwise. it's meant for natural gas, propane, etc but probably fine for diesel too. Hardware & big box home improvement stores sell it. There might be something better but that's what I used since I had an old roll of it around already. No leaks yet during tests. I just leave the tape off of the first thread so it doesn't interfere with the flow or anything.

Holley pumps are pushers not pullers, so down on the frame is the better place for them, as close to the tanks as possible.

Last edited:

lakesurfer

Reaction score
My facet, mounted in the engine bay, has been great. Got a couple of years (20K miles) on it.

I did have fuel pressure warning light issues, and air intrusion issues at first. However, all of those issues were resolved and had nothing to do with the facet.

In the background of all that troubleshooting, my IP and injectors were working but very tired and worn, which didn't help matters. Now that I have a Mel's moose mister injectors with a 90cc baby moose IP that I dynamically timed, the whole setup is smooth and sweet.

YMMV. Don't hate me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7