Questions about Facet pump conversion

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am planing on installing a Facet 40223 pump on my truck hopefully soon. I just have a couple questions i have not been able to find answers for. They say the pump has a 10ft draw and I am planning on mounting the pump on the passenger side behind the battery in the engine bay. 1 will it have enough suction to pickup the fuel from the rear tank, both my tanks work and i don't want to give that up. 2 will the 40223 pump have enough psi to run a stage 1 or moose style pump with bigger injectors in the future, i believe the 40223 pump is rated for 9-11 psi i am not sure if it will be enough fuel psi going to the ip or not.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I’ve run the Facet pump, in that position, on a stock n/a truck that’s too tall to pull heavy trailers, with 0 issue.
Many members say that Facet quality is “hit or miss” these days.
Additionally, they apparently don’t flow enough fuel for modified fuel systems.
Use the search function to get more information.
Also, put the details of your truck in your signature so the members don’t have to ask what you’re working with.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you for the reply, i did the signature thing. who would you recommend i talk to about "performance" electric pumps.
R&D idi electric pumps are sold out right now and CDD does not have any info about electric pumps on their website

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re welcome.

I’d use TheWesPaul’s ideas.

You can search the forum for key words + member name...or just browse through what you find by searching “electric fuel pump”.
Lot’s of reading...enjoy!

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many people use the holley red pump. It will have enough flow for stock and near stock systems. I personally am using a holley black pump but I am also using a 110cc injection pump.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are the holley pumps reliable, and will they have enough suction to pickup fuel in the back tank if it is mounted in the engine bay behind the passenger side battery

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
As far as I know, the Holleys are pretty reliable. I didn't mention the reds because you're talking about Stage 1's and a larger IP. I'll agree with Philip1 and recommend them for close to stock applications. I don't think that there will be any issues with where you want to mount your pump. Some day, when I build a truck up for higher power, I'm going to run a Holley black. I'm still undecided if I want to mount it under the hood like you or if I want to mount it underneath like most seem to do.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i looked up the Holley Black pump and it says it has 14 psi of fuel flow. the facet 40223 pump says it has 9-11.5 psi of flow, so how much of a difference is 2.5-5 psi when it is only going from the pump through the filter to the IP. would just a few psi less of fuel going to a stage 1 IP and injectors be not enough fuel and damage them?

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T
so i looked up the Holley Black pump and it says it has 14 psi of fuel flow. the facet 40223 pump says it has 9-11.5 psi of flow, so how much of a difference is 2.5-5 psi when it is only going from the pump through the filter to the IP. would just a few psi less of fuel going to a stage 1 IP and injectors be not enough fuel and damage them?
The inlet pressure affects timing most, if you run the holley black or blue you will need a pressure regulator. The inlet should be between 6-9psi as far as I'm aware and if I'm wrong someone will correct me

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if i go with the 40223 pump it would be cheaper and easier cause i wouldnt need a regulator

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend the facet pump. It tends to struggle to keep up with fuel demand with anything more than stock na pump. Since you are talking about running stage one injectors and the potential moose injection pump the facet will not keep up with the demand.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so with a moose junior pump, which is like a medium size ip, the facet still wouldn't keep up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.