Project Saburai

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The oil cooler he is very clean! That's a plus. The downside is it only has 27 ports, somebody replaced it and either didn't care or didn't know the difference! In any case since it's out we will rebuild it!
You must be registered for see images attach

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowes peel and seal, $17 bucks a roll

Was curious if one could use that right on the underside of the hood I made a mistake and left my hood open and a bull calf thought that original installation was food been looking for something to replace it

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was curious if one could use that right on the underside of the hood I made a mistake and left my hood open and a bull calf thought that original installation was food been looking for something to replace it

That's part of why I wondered how it holds up in there. Not the bull calf part, but mine was disintegrating so I removed what was left of it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
So was it the original block or a reman? Always curious to see if it was one of ours. I haven't found another except for the one that came in my F250.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This engine looks like it’s never been apart, other than the oil cooler. I’ll have to poke around the bone yard of blocks I have one of these days and send you some pictures and see if you recognize anything!

Not sure how the peel and seal will hold up to the heat, I have zero experience with it, Rich did the research and picked it out. Definitely much more affordable than dynomat so the long term will tell.

Fuel system all finished up, baby moose is out of warranty so I pulled Mel’s tamper proof bolts out and turned the fuel up.

Oil cooler resealed, I blocked the gasket surfaces on each end to be sure we have a good seal.

Thermostat installed and pyrometer tapped into driver side exhaust manifold

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep! That's next, outcomes the interior and peel and seal everywhere! I'll upgrade the sound system while I'm in there too...

You wanna come back to Colorado and get my truck while you're at it??

I'll never have the time to do the awesome job y'all are doing.

Hey Wes.. where do I get the same injector caps that are on #5&6 on that engine?? Never seen the 3 way ones like that.. sure would make my lines easier to change...

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Hey Wes.. where do I get the same injector caps that are on #5&6 on that engine?? Never seen the 3 way ones like that.. sure would make my lines easier to change...
I think they may have been factory with the Factory Turbo.
This engine looks like it’s never been apart, other than the oil cooler. I’ll have to poke around the bone yard of blocks I have one of these days and send you some pictures and see if you recognize anything!
This one wasn't one of ours. Ours had our serial number and our machine shop's serial number both stamped by the factory serial number on the block.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long day, I’ll probably collect all the photos and continue the regular updates once the truck is done, don’t have much spare time to get everything together and working perfect for the trip across the country.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wanna come back to Colorado and get my truck while you're at it??

I'll never have the time to do the awesome job y'all are doing.

The factory turbo caps had the three way plugs but I use the na style plugs and route them the way I have pictured. The turbo caps are nice but they are tough to come by, and if a customer is stuck in bfe and needs to replace a cap, I’d rather it be one that’s readily available.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long day, I’ll probably collect all the photos and continue the regular updates once the truck is done, don’t have much spare time to get everything together and working perfect for the trip across the country.

That's an understatement!
I'll bet that you and Steel are just finishing up your Whatabugger! I am finishing up my food as we type. By my count, it was an 18 hour dayo_O:cheers:

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an understatement! By my count it was an 18 hour day. I'll get my pictures together too.
I'll bet you and Steel are just finishing up your Whatabugger! I'm just finishing my food as well. o_O:cheers:
See you in a few hours!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online