Project Mosquito Control...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing my mind. LOL

Classic case of "Project Truck Delirium" or PTD.

The only cure is a cold one in your left hand and a wrench in your right hand. Repeat this treatment until the project is done or you're too "medicated" to continue working.

Heath

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice project I'm loving it!! this has always been my dream project, well, sorta.. I'll be sure to take notes! even though there's no way I can do that body work.. nice work!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talked to Dad about the PS pump on the DT466. He agrees that the volume will be too much for a pickup steering box and hydro boost. Pressure shouldn't be the issue, but the volume was his concern. Overheating the fluid and pump is the problem. Solutions........ auxillary oil cooler for the PS system and an inline regulator.

But, finding a different pump with a volume equal to the factory IH system would be best. A hydraulic shop should be able to handle that task (finding or making a pump that's within spec).

Heath

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Thanks 88fordidi. Its not too bad, just start in the hard to see areas, by time you get to the outside areas you'll be a pro!

Hmmm well there is a local hydraulic shop I can talk to. I'll see what they say. I figured the power steering company would have been able to figure it out!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
"I hope your ready to roll some coal! You will have 175cc/1000 max. That's 75% more fuel than Stock. You have the first Omni Moose pump!" This was the text I got from Mel today. Hell yeah!

You must be registered for see images

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
well it sucks to cut up a cab that was decent... but i needed a patch panel for the travelette...

i'm going to graph it in the top across the front body line. slowly but steady!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online