Project Mosquito Control...

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
That's awesome Jon. I have made dozens of bumpers, ladder racks, 6 ton trailers and such. I wish I had the confidence to dive into body work. It's a whole different animal, I'm sure.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Brandon and i swung by conestonga diesel today to drop off the DT466 pump and injectors and got the shop tour. it was like an i/p wonderland! going to have Mel do a little research for me and see what turbo setup will be best for what i have to get the most bang for my buck.... :peelout

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
well PSC is sending the pump back...with nothing done to it. they said they've never seen one before. they said they researched and called around but they're afraid to work on it incase anything is broke that they can't get....:dunno

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Power steering pump mod's is what he's talking about if I'm not mistaken.

Correct Jon?

Heath

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Yeah the gear driven power steering. Mel is working his magic on the pump. getting the invoice back with "Customer purchased a DT-466 for installation in a daily driver IH Travel All. Would like 500HP. Rebuild pump and provide Maximum fuel." was pretty nice! LOL it's a travelette, but with the tire smoke no one will know the difference! :D Heath who did you say had theirs recalibrated for their DT swap in a F350?

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Are you going to run hydroboost brakes Jon?

They might take some of the pressure off the steering...??

I remember reading about another DT466 conversion where the guy was extremely happy with his one finger power steering!

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went on Powerstroke nation and saw someone else doing a dt swap. did u see that one Jon? They used what looked like 22 gauge sheet metal and pop rivets to put the fire wall back ...and crayons.there were definitely crayons.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Are you going to run hydroboost brakes Jon?

They might take some of the pressure off the steering...??

I remember reading about another DT466 conversion where the guy was extremely happy with his one finger power steering!

Yeah going hboost, i'm just afraid it'll push the brakes on if theres to much flow/pressure, or overheat the fluid and the p/s pump. seeing the 466 was like 3/4" line necking down to 3/8 may be a bit much.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath who did you say had theirs recalibrated for their DT swap in a F350?

Not heard of that before......... sorry dude........ not me.LOL

But, I think there could be other options....... different hoses with adators on the fittings and / or a regulator after the pump. Dad farts around with hydraulics all the time on heavy equipment at the mines... I'll ask him.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01