Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Higher rpm
Lower egt
=
Higher oil temp
Higher oil temp...dumps heat to cooling system

Do you have an oil temp guage? Oil is a primary coolant fyi....adding auxillary oil cooling could be the end all be all....

Seems I recall an auxillary oil cooler thread on this site...

JM7.3CWEh!

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would toss flowkooler as a last option, only because pump replacement is more intense. We use their pump on a spreader buggy, which spends it's day going slow with a full load in the engine and their pump really does the job of maintaining 190 degrees in a 460. When I need a pump I'm going with them.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would toss flowkooler as a last option, only because pump replacement is more intense. We use their pump on a spreader buggy, which spends it's day going slow with a full load in the engine and their pump really does the job of maintaining 190 degrees in a 460. When I need a pump I'm going with them.
That’s interesting.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my short short list for pre-rally is essentially rear seat belts and hopefully a radio. Decided I should get on that since , well we are what a month and a half out now?? I had bought a set of OBS rear belts ages ago. When I looked at putting them in last year, I knew I didn’t have time but for the life of me couldn’t remember why. Well here is a refresher.

You must be registered for see images attach

This picture illustrates the problem. The mount tab for the red retractor is even with the back. The one for the grey retractor is not. There is no way short of cutting a gaping hole in the metal that’s going to work. So on to plan B.

https://www.wescoperformance.com/3p...IU0pcVFoH5_KDwgULgOO8O5bMDfKsSKBoCUj0QAvD_BwE

I think this retractor will bolt right up. Then I just need to put the other mount plates in. Fingers crossed.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it’s been a while since I’ve updated. The good news is the truck is running great. I’ve had mixed success with the last few things I’ve worked on.

Shoulder belts in the rear using the 92- up rear super cab belts... total fail. Ended up ordering a set from Wesco. Hoping that will solve my problems there. I’ll update once they arrive.

Put the air dam back in. That may help my temperature issues.

Now for an issue of utmost importance. There’s no radio in this truck. It’s been on the road almost a year and has no radio. This is unacceptable. I’m a simple man. I don’t need a thumping system but I need some tunes to cut the monotony. I’ve had a set of 6x9’s for a long time. This seems like a good opportunity to use them. I bought a sheet of 3/4 mdf, measured the space under the back seat and this is what I came up with.

Left a space in the middle to hold the first aid kit and maybe some tools. It will keep things from sliding around a bit.

Here it is with the speakers installed. Those keen eyed folks will notice that the box is a little shorter in the second picture. We won’t discuss that.

Now if I can get the carpet on it without messing it up too bad.

Cont.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the carpet on.

Looks pretty darn good for an amateur.

Now I just have to get the head unit wired up and pull some wire back to them.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I added another ground strap to the firewall which made no difference to my gauges. I connected a ground wire directly to the neg post and into the ground wire hanging out of the console. No change. So the high voltage reading must be the gauge itself.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed tcase fluid. It was pretty sparkly Flushed it with a qts of cheap stuff and filled it back u. Good news is I know it wasn’t clear empty when it spit the seal out. It took more than 1.5 qts to fill it. I only out 1 qt in it. So that’s a positive.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, vendors have screwed me at every turn this week. I managed to get the radio harness put together. I forgot to take pictures but I’ll get those documented. It was great. All the pig tails were color coded correctly. Solder and heat shrink and she’s golden. Now just have to get the speakers hooked up. I think I’ll go ahead and do the ones in the door while I’m at it. Wires are all there. Getting close to having my rally list completed.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your rally list is nearly complete, with alk the farm work here mine is far from done, lol!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So operation tunes is complete.

Connection plate. Went with banana plugs for this end.

Connected the bottom.

New door speakers.

And finished product.

Sounds pretty decent. Could use a sub but hey it was never intended to be a concert hall.

Bluetooth phone works really well too.

Last edited: