Project Big Red

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Change of plans again.

You must be registered for see images attach

Going to shoot bedliner tomorrow. It should be good enough by Monday to toss the rubber mat in and use. I forgot about the mat. I am beat.

Note to self. If I ever do this again, mask off the inside. The bulk of the work was sanding off the overspray. If if it weren’t for that, it would only have taken a couple hours to scuff it. As it was it was about double that.

[emoji20]

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...its always those last few steps that take the longest. I think you made the right call to spray the bedliner now, and not later. Trust me, once the truck is back together, you won't want to get back into body work for a while.

One word of caution on raptor liner is that one kit should be spread sparingly on an old-school 8' pickup bed just to make sure you cover it all. Turns out our trucks are quite big for this century. Who knew?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bare spots primed.

Had to do the bed in 3 phases because I can’t hover.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Beautiful work, if I can't talk you into painting my truck for food I might be hitting you up for tips when I do mine!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful work, if I can't talk you into painting my truck for food I might be hitting you up for tips when I do mine!

I’ll paint it for food but you gotta do the prep work. Paint is the easy part. LOL

Being yours is a crew cab, I may have to hang from the ceiling so there might be a rigging crew involved. Like I said, I don’t hover.

LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mission impossible theme starts-
Exactly. That was the worst part of shooting mine.

I’m really pleased with the way it turned out. I don’t think it added much impact resistance but hopefully it’s reasonably abrasion resistant. It’s getting the rubber mat back in anyway for the bottom.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
This one looks so nice you should prolly keep running the off color one just to keep this guy nice and shiny.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a bedrug bedliner years ago and really like it. I only install it when not using the slide in camper and have tonneau cover on truck. Folds up easy for storage when not in use.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Major accomplishment for tonight. Tie down points.

4 in the back, 2 in the middle and 2 in the front. 1000lb tie downs. I always hated the fact these trucks had no tie points except the standard holes. These also give you a better idea of the texture.

I intended to spray Eastwood inner frame coating up in the inner fenders but the stuff won’t come out of the can. Brand new too. Just took it out of the box.

I had also noticed a high spot on the bottom of the driver tail light opening where it was hit. I just missed it but the tail light would rub the paint. I wrapped a 2x3 with a piece of headliner and gave it a whack. All better now. Just have to decide which tail lights are in better shape. Tomorrow is bed swap and fuel tank fix. Wish me luck.