Project Big Red

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know...ob group buy on rh boxes has sure been poor so far. I would encourage u to get refund...also show em this build thread too as it helps e plain 0 miles.

Not sure *** happened but now I am doubting a rh purxhase in future...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this something I can get from an international dealer? I have one fairly close.

Yes you can. Easiest would be yo take the original one, especially if it has the International/Navistar markings. They can look it up easier with that part number. Or tell them its for a 444. I was at my IH truck parts department for a fuel filter. Once he cross referenced it, he said "That's for an old 7.3"....he actually knew what they were. I mentioned needing a glow plug controller, he said to bring it in, or they could look it up under the 444 since they are the same. Just make sure they don't try and look it up in the T444E book... that's a 7.3 PSD.......

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patches are in.

You must be registered for see images attach

Got it up on wheels so I can move it now.

Truck had to sit outside last night and it pained me. She's cozy inside again tonight.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soaked in ospho and then metal ready.

2 coats of heavy zinc primer.

It will look good for a while anyway.

Closer inspection shows the wheel arches are pretty bad. Trim is holding it all together. I'll paint it later.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up tearing apart my wheel arches when I had the box off. It was a lot of work but I don't regret doing it. Much easier to do a good job with the box off the truck. Other then that, soak it in fluid film to slow down the rot.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I had the wheel arches done too so it would all be done but it is what it is for now.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Laserjock, I am the one who is on redhead number 3. Out of curiosity, do you happen to have a filter installed on your return line on your power steering pump? I have one installed and I am beginning to think the filter is causing some of my issues by restricting flow...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put my filter on the return from the hydroboost. I couldn't figure out how to get it in the power steering side return. I figure some filtration is better than none.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Seeing that it won't be in the bad weather it will last a very long time.
Yes, this is a high quality "fix" and knowing how the truck will be treated in it's future life, this repair would last a very long time. You might consider new bed sides and keep it???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online