Post up your custom fuel pump/filtration setups....

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
@Clb,

Not sure, that’s something that just recently showed up. I’d seen it on other forums, but not here. It’s some kind of link that produces a search on the blue word.....

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fwiw
The ?1? Cyl. Compressor pump on a ****** rig, aint no 7.3...
Mine is on the frame rail and still starves...
I think 1500 $ truck is onto something with the pre filter restriction idea (as I have them also)...
I am gunna try the poppet valve in the returns
Snicklas
i see yer reading as I posted this.
*** is up with the blue links?.

I did just say that they "aren't no 7.3" lol However the pull on them is a lot higher.

Reactions: Clb

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Years ago on the other site, people were using the Holley Red pumps. I switched to that many years ago and don't have any issues. The pump states not for constant duty use, but I haven't had an issue (I do carry a spare in case).

In ‘03 when I started playing round with WVO & WMO I put a Holly Red on &had one ever since, current one bout 4 yrs. & I carry a spare.

I got a Cat #8H7204 fuel/water seperator screen canister mtd front my selector switch. Then front that canister on frame is my Holly Red pushing up to plate heat exchanger on wheelwell, then to my heated Fleetguard fuel filter #FS1212, then on to IP. Did away with spendy factory f/filter set-up. & with filter head I use I think there are 70+fuel filters that fit that head.....Even tho I carry filters I can always find filter to fit no matter where I are. ie: FS1214, FS1010, FF105,etc etc
You must be registered for see images attach

JLtoolman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just change the pump, it is going bad. I went through this issue this summer. Ordered and installed a new Facet and my problem with the fuel light coming on is gone. My pump is mounted to and just above the frame rails. The old one still pumps fuel, just not enough. Good luck.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just change the pump, it is going bad. I went through this issue this summer. Ordered and installed a new Facet and my problem with the fuel light coming on is gone. My pump is mounted to and just above the frame rails. The old one still pumps fuel, just not enough. Good luck.

My pump is brand new. Thousand miles on it.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would need to go back i to my bookmarks and see if the wmo\wvo guys run the facet without issue..
Thinking restriction is fireing the light.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would need to go back i to my bookmarks and see if the wmo\wvo guys run the facet without issue..
Thinking restriction is fireing the light.

I usually see 14-1800 rpm on my commute to and from work and that's it... I like to mosey along , light foot style. I do open it up full throttle every couple days in a couple spots to make sure it sees the full rpm range.... every time I do I get a light.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carter 4070, the little screen clear filter is just for any random big stuff to keep it out of the pumps internal screen so I don’t have to worry about it plugging up still using factory filter head with a wix one piece on it. Holds 5psi constant psi no drop on full throttle revs, all my mechanical pumps would drop close to 0 even when they were new and pressure bounced up and Down at idle and above never steadied out.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carter 4070, the little screen clear filter is just for any random big stuff to keep it out of the pumps internal screen so I don’t have to worry about it plugging up still using factory filter head with a wix one piece on it. Holds 5psi constant psi no drop on full throttle revs, all my mechanical pumps would drop close to 0 even when they were new and pressure bounced up and Down at idle and above never steadied out.

Love the braided line setup too, I think ill be ditching my facet after winter when truck gets used less and I have time to fiddle with it.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before someone else notices that’s just the braided covers you can buy for lines, reason I used them because other than looking kinda neat, due to my mess under the hood some lines are rubbing into things and that metal sleeve is gonna keep anything from rubbing holes in each other, in theory at least

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally have never been a fan of the facets. My personal opinion is i would run either the holley red or carter p0470 filter. without hesitation on my truck
though i am running a stage 3 fuel system from idiperformance.com on my truck and love it. I will literally never have to worry about not having enough fuel....:D

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think when I change my fuel system over to single tank only and redo the pump situation I’m going to use the empty space where the front tank was to build an on board air setup with a nice big tank