Post up your custom fuel pump/filtration setups....

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Hey Bill,
I run 2 Goldenrod filters, one just before the lift pump and one under the hood on the back side of the regular location. I got that black gravely stuff after taking on a load of fuel at Raceway- never purchased from them again. The Goldenrod filterhead is designed to be supported by hard piping, so a little rigging is called for since I'm not set up to weld aluminum. I ended up using a piece of 1/4" steel plate and drilling 2 holes in it to mount it to the frame, and cutting 2 slots in it to accept the SS hose clamps. Sounds sketchy but has worked fine for many thousands of miles. I check it every now and then just to keep an eye out for any wear. The one under the hood has a similar mount.
You must be registered for see images attach

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Bill,
I run 2 Goldenrod filters, one just before the lift pump and one under the hood on the back side of the regular location. I got that black gravely stuff after taking on a load of fuel at Raceway- never purchased from them again. The Goldenrod filterhead is designed to be supported by hard piping, so a little rigging is called for since I'm not set up to weld aluminum. I ended up using a piece of 1/4" steel plate and drilling 2 holes in it to mount it to the frame, and cutting 2 slots in it to accept the SS hose clamps. Sounds sketchy but has worked fine for many thousands of miles. I check it every now and then just to keep an eye out for any wear. The one under the hood has a similar mount.
Why didn't I think of that? That's a good idea, BF!!!

Have any idea what that black gravelly stuff is?

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a clue, the only thing I can think of that it looked like is black volcanic sand..

Did it look something like this?
I’m not sure exactly what the black stuff is but I know it has a ton of water in it as it’s frozen in a Jerry can right now.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think when I change my fuel system over to single tank only and redo the pump situation I’m going to use the empty space where the front tank was to build an on board air setup with a nice big tank

Just FYI I built one of those on my last truck and after adding all the costs up I should have just gone and buought a Viair setup

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure exactly what the black stuff is but I know it has a ton of water in it as it’s frozen in a Jerry can right now.

Yeah but a more uniform size though... I'm starting to think that some of the refineries could do a better job of filtering out the asphaltines after the cracking process... JM2cents...

Last edited:

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score

No, the stuff I had was pure black, granular and much more regular in size and shape..

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Asphaltienes look it up...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online