Parts truck price.

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
Its worth about $500.00 in scrap metal if that helps, I paid $600.00 for a parts truck that had nearly new tires on it and no IP. Put the new tires on my driver and I have all the other parts for free is the way I looked at it. Offer $400-500, if he says something about the scrap price tell him you can't pay him the scrap price and the haul it to the scrapper just to brake even, not worth your time.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Found this truck in CL no more than 5 miles from my house.

http://richmondin.craigslist.org/cto/2663735519.html

So my question is what would be a fair price to pay for it?

I would plan on using it for a parts truck, depending on how bad/where the rust is, I would like to swap that cab with mine, and swap the 6.9 with my 7.3, then sell the fenders, hood, bed, core support, rear axle, trans, then scrap the frame and my old cab.

I know the guy has messed with the pump, because I've seen this truck before blowing some smoke.

I'm thinking $750 tops?

that sound about right. it is worth 850 in scrap around here

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Damn...I was goin after the rear tank...
You must be registered for see images attach

Theres a heater box part i need too.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $1000 for a wrecked idi parts truck. I thought it was a little bit high, but I bought it for the zf tranny. Looking at junkyard prices, and then finding out all the little pieces needed to make it fit, I got a deal, and I have already sold my old c6 for $300, sold the wiper motor and used the regulator off the donor and I sold the wheels for another $300. I used the taillights and the tailgate cables on my truck. You look at the prices for this little stuff, and it starts adding up quickly. Plus it will give you a injection pump core if you ever need it, spare injection lines, etc.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went and looked at this truck today, and it wasn't even worth the 5 mile drive.

Both cab corners were gone, both rockers rotted, both doors where dented/rusty, both front fenders where rotted, the hood was tweaked, the bed was rotted, both bumpers where dented/rusty, the grille was cracked, the windshield was cracked, and interior was garbage, plus there was a wiring mess hanging put from under the dash.

And to top it off he had started the truck before I showed up (didn't like that) and it still took 5 seconds before it would light, plus there was an empty can of ether in the bed.

All around there was not one part on that truck I would want.

Oh well, it was just something I saw and I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity, I will continue my search for a crew cab!
Every time I've gone to look at something on craigslist that looked awesome, it turned out in person to be ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road. Every time. But I'll keep going.cookoo

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a rust free 87 2wd ill probably sell off. I took it apart to pull the motor and haven't finished it.

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old 93 is in a insurance yard with a great 7.3 in it less than 175 on it cabs shot but no rust you could get it for around 500 bucks. It's just an ex cab though and I imagine the cab smells like rotten fish bait. (we were on the way to the lake when my brother wrecked it) He said he knew how too tow a 20 ft boat, his towing was just fine ...... stopping? guess he wasn't too experienced at the stopping part. The interior was great though do you want the #?