Truck part prices

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a guy local to me parting out a 96 f350 CCLB full power interior. I'm looking to buy the whole cab, it has doors, dash and full interior all together and supposedly no rust.

Can anyone give me an idea of a realistic value? I thought $800. He won't tell me a price but it's looking like he's in the 2k area for just the cab.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Tell him your sorry, he misunderstood you. You only wanted to buy the Cab not the whole truck! :)

Two thoughts -

1) You can buy a whole non-working truck for $2,000-3500. Why spend 2k on just his cab???
2) He thinks he can get $200 a seat, $100 for the stearing column, $200 for the dash, $200 a door, $200 for the A/C, etc., etc. He wants to be a junk yard company, not a guy trying to get rid of something. But that is a royal PITA to do. Lets face it FB, CL, and Offer Uppers are 80% flakes. So it is painful to answer to 500 buyers only to have 100 ever show up to then what make $3-4K. So you can say something like, you really want to part out a cab and deal with all those flakes saying the want it and never showing up????

I think you offer him what you want, but I would only go as high as say $1,000 if the whole cab was pristine inside and out and I really wanted to upgrade. The real money is in the engine, transmission, transfer case, radiator, axles, bed, and parts like VRV's, coolant tanks, ABS parts, Fuel transer switches and a host of other discontinued and hard to source parts. Not dashboards and doors. So plenty of meat still on the bone for him to make some money.