Oilburners 2019 Gatlinburg Rally

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be great if we can arrange another convoy. We had a pretty sweet one last year. I made my reservations for the 6th cause @laserjock and @subway were talking about going down Saturday. If it works out we can all convoy down together, great! If not maybe we can have 2 smaller convoys. One on Saturday with all the guys with campers and one on Sunday with all the guys running bob tail, haha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I'm booked.

No camper this year for me. Farm, while essentially sold, hasn't produced any funds yet. So tent camping it is.
I'd considered getting one of their tents or a camper but the camper space was at the very north end of the campground and didn't want to be that far up.
Their tents would have been fine but since I have a very large tent I figured why spend the extra money.
I've got space 125 from the 7th till the 13th.
Looks like it will be my son and myself with my girlfriend maybe coming down for a couple nights.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked.... the answer was no. Not sure why that changed... but it is what it is.

I did put a link in my signature in hopes of directing more traffic this way.

Sorry I missed some of the updates..... Been stuck in CO a little longer than I planned. Denver was hard to get out of at the last half of the week. I did get to hang out with BJ for a bit and enjoy some food/beer/conversation with him. THANKS AGAIN BJ.

Heath

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to make the call to not make it this year, really wanted to make it (and to put together another Texas meet) but both just arent gonna happen with how busy things have been lately with being a one man show. Yall enjoy, and take plenty of pics for us who cant make it!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick reminder.....

One week to reserve a site/camper/bell tent for the 2019 Oilburners Rally.

After April 1st... all the un-booked sites Jared and I reserved for the rally will be opened up to first come first served John Q. Camper.

Hope to see you all there.

Heath

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Lori and I are planning attending, We will be coming in on Friday the 5th for the weekend and headed back out on Monday the 8th. I wish we could commit for the whole week but we will take what we can get. I called for reservations and left a message waiting for a call back to confirm.

Today is the deadline to grab the reserved spots! (nothing like waiting till the last minute,..)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lori and I are planning attending, We will be coming in on Friday the 5th for the weekend and headed back out on Monday the 8th. I wish we could commit for the whole week but we will take what we can get. I called for reservations and left a message waiting for a call back to confirm.

Today is the deadline to grab the reserved spots! (nothing like waiting till the last minute,..)
Great Darrin! Looking forward to seeing you two again. Loved hanging out with you guys a few weeks ago.

Heath

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot of activity on the board. Good to hear from all that is attending and not so good for the ones that are going to miss the rally.

Normal stuff that taking my attention:
Replaced starter on truck with a Powermaster starter. Someone was right it spins fast but sound like tearing metal at the same time. Time will tell. Impressed with how fast my truck starts now.
Repaired radiator and changed my failing thermostat. Buy from Ford original parts. Others just don't look right.

No Mufflers did i read it right you are re rebuilding your engine?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Mufflers did i read it right you are re rebuilding your engine?

well im not really sure yet. ive been hearing a pretty loud ticking related to boost and rpm but it seems to come and go. i dont drive a Prius sized box that can be towed easily on a 900 mile trip so gonna try and keep the gamble low.