Oilburners 2019 Gatlinburg Rally

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife Cathie and myself. Reserved one of the parks campers. Now for the whole week but it could be shorter so we can visit my cousin in KY.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing checked off the list. Windshield decided to get a crack and come loose at the bottom near the wipers. That's my son Jon cleaning some rust so we can paint in the corners before reinstalling.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Here’s a video of the expansion area I think we will be in. Just for reference.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

yes, that is the main area we were trying to gather in, they "were hoping" to have a bath house and kids area done by the time we are there in the grassy area across from the campers.

subway

Reaction score
some pre-rally WTH!?!?!

i finally broke the camper out of its winter slumber and went through cleaning everything up. during the clean up, some one must have turned on the propane switch on the water heater. i had no idea and later when i was out helping my son ride a dirtbike we just swapped an engine in i look over and see this!

the whole area was still hot when i saw the flame marks and it melted all the wiring around the burner. i dont think the electric heater i added is hurt though. i am not sure how it lit off like that to since the one tank is completely disconnected and the other was shut off. there must just have been enough in the lines themselves.

just glad i dont have to do an emergency camper search!

You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some pre-rally WTH!?!?!

i finally broke the camper out of its winter slumber and went through cleaning everything up. during the clean up, some one must have turned on the propane switch on the water heater. i had no idea and later when i was out helping my son ride a dirtbike we just swapped an engine in i look over and see this!

the whole area was still hot when i saw the flame marks and it melted all the wiring around the burner. i dont think the electric heater i added is hurt though. i am not sure how it lit off like that to since the one tank is completely disconnected and the other was shut off. there must just have been enough in the lines themselves.

just glad i dont have to do an emergency camper search!

Whoa!! How does that even happen??

subway

Reaction score
WTH! I wonder if it was full of wasp nest or it was a critter home for the winter and they burnt up!

maybe, i tried the hot water propane set up before and it would not shut off when the water got hot. it also did not seem to burn very well so i just shut it down. i thought i disconnected it, and we just always used the electric hot water set up. the whole burner tube could have been a big paper hornets nest for all i know. i am just glad some clean up is all i should need to do.

i didnt get to hook up the water but i dont think it got hot enough to crack the tank.

subway

Reaction score
Working on the Rally Shirts, hopefully we have some interest, i want to finish up with the company i am working with today. this should give us about 2 weeks, maybe more if i push them to order shirts. this year we are trying something a little different for the design. Heaths son wanted a bear on the shirt and being in Gatlinburg i think that works LOL

right now here is the design on the back

Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll likely order a couple when you get them ready. I like the design, especially the "in memorium"

subway

Reaction score
cool, thanks guys, from preliminary work it looks like a regular T will be in the 12 range unless they surprise me with hidden charges lol

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. Are you going to have women's shirts too? If not Megan will probally be fine with a regular t-shirt instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online