oil as an additive

stiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the kragen auto parts ad this week has coupon and rebate for a case of motor oil for .59 cents a quart.

i'm wondering can i just add a quart of new motor oil to a tank of diesel to satisfy the lubrication needs of the ip and injectors?

i currently add lucas additive to my diesel.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Works fine for lubricity, but won't help with gelling in the winter, so you might have to switch back to it if the weather gets real cold. I'm running WMO as a dietary suppliment in the Moose Stang. Right now, not a whole lot, just a gallon or two per tank.

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would it matter if the oil was new or old? Could be a way to use up old engine oil if so inclined...

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered if it would work. When I dropped the tanks a few months ago I used an old Rotella jug with some used oil still in it to scoop the fuel into the 5 gallon can and then poured the can into the tank. I was blowing REALLY black exhaust but I think that had more to do with the blown head gaskets that I realized I had shortly after doing this that that was probably the reason for the black exhaust smoke.

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
What would you use to filter the waste oil before putting it back in motor?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7