Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang it guys!!!! I have to change my plans too. I hate to do it but it is what it is........

I'm afraid I'm going to have to come a day early.;Sweet Did I scare ya a bit? Sorry, I couldn't reisist.;Poke

I'm coming up on the 30th and leaving on the 6th. I'm in the process of trying to buy a Dana 80 from AZDIRT in the U.P. of Michigan. I'm hoping I can meet him on Thursday evening. Maybe at the campground, may be somewhere in Wisconsin. Anyone up for a little Rally parts road trip with me?:rock:

I need a Dana 80 for my DT466 project. Hopefully it will work out OK and I can pick it up.

Heath

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes dang it! You did scare me. I was trying to imagine a campfire without ****** girl stories. :eek:

You NEED a Dana 80, or you WANT a Dana 80? LOL

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes dang it! You did scare me. I was trying to imagine a campfire without ****** girl stories. :eek:

You NEED a Dana 80, or you WANT a Dana 80? LOL

I'm leaning more toward NEED at this point. If I accheive my goal of roughly 800HP the torque will be in the 1800+ range. I'm afraid that will kill my 10.25 pretty quickly. With all the Dana 80's being used by 5.9 cummins trucks for pulling, there are a ton of beefy parts for the things.

Heath

Last edited:

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Changed the oil, rotated the aired up the tires and checked brakes and lights. Thats about all I have time for to get my truck ready. Looks like hell right now...faded paint, dirty wheels, etc. Might hang around the campground Sat and clean everything. Just brought my trailer home, have to make sure that is up and ready to travel. No time to wash the camper either, that looks bad also. Leaving Wednesday after all the last minute packing is done.

I'll be bringing a couple of tailgates if anyone wants to buy them. Maybe some gauges also, need the cash.

Hey Mel, my B-day is on the 4th!!! I WILL be celebrating!! Someone better take my keys..haha. :cheers:

John

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
last call for your name to be included in the itinerary. i have to print them up and assemble them tonight for everyone. ;Sweet

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I'm in, right? Did the campground asign spaces yet? maybe I should call them tomorrow.

John

1994IDI

Reaction score
You NEED a Dana 80, or you WANT a Dana 80? LOL[/QUOTE]

I thought they were one in the same when it came to trucks. :dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's right John, I thought you had a birthday. Isn't Ron's birthday some time that week too? :dunno Or one of the Perry's? Seems there is usually a few. My one trailer could use a tailgate. What are you asking? Maybe I can save you from hauling it all that way.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
All,

As much as I hate to, but we will not be coming this year. With the change in plans with Travis, and current budget constraints, we just can not afford to come up. We were planning on driving the car up for the weekend, and staying with Trav, which was well within the budget and plans. But to come up now I would have to being the Truck, camper and that is just not do-able this year. So maybe next year....... Very sad and dissapointed in having to cancel, just like Trav.....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So with the 7 families of us remaining, do we have any idea who else might be visiting?

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
So with the 7 families of us remaining, do we have any idea who else might be visiting?

i'm getting some chatter from FTE. some of their guys might come on up. i've been getting nuthing but blank stares from TDS. so it's still anyone's guess :dunno

i do have several personal friends stopping in and a few that are staying with us at the campground, but nothing substantial numbers wise.

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
WOOT WOOT,..:D.....Getting close guys, Lori, Taylor and I will be heading out Thursday around 1PM, We are getting very excited to get away and hang out with everyone! Got the camper hooked to the truck allready,..:sly Just gotta clean some stuff up maybe wash the rig and get it packed up.

Ironman03R, Snicklas, Goose, Sorry you guys cant make it, but we all understand you gotta do what you gotta do. Shoot for next year or maybe one of the Fall or Winter Get Togethers,..;Sweet

Mel,.. The Moose truck is lookin SWEET! Should be good weather on the trip so it might even stay clean.

Heath,..Ya got me too,....;Really

Later.

Lady_Dsl_Shine

Reaction score
That's right John, I thought you had a birthday. Isn't Ron's birthday some time that week too? :dunno Or one of the Perry's? Seems there is usually a few. My one trailer could use a tailgate. What are you asking? Maybe I can save you from hauling it all that way.

Mel - No Perry birthdays in July, but they love cake, especially chocolate....

And Heath - you're just special!!! You got us too! :rotflmao