Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well I guess you guys will just have to wait a little longer to find out what I'm driving.... Till the next get together....

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, i dont speed in work zones anyway, i hope my speedometer is accurate which according to a GPS it is.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i get the exact address for the campground so i can estimate how much money its gonna take for gas to get there and back.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I feel like the Lone Ranger when they are surrounded by Indians and he looks at Tonto and says "what are we going to do" and tonto says... what you mean WE white man.....

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks I got it. ok one more question... and i will leave yall alone lol. how much gas money is it going to take to get from Watertown, TN to Garden Prairie, IL 61038. I got somewhere around 105$ total for GAS and I run the low grade my truck seems to run better with it, :( not Diesel. man i wish i could get that IDI now from my friend.....

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
ok, thanks I got it. ok one more question... and i will leave yall alone lol. how much gas money is it going to take to get from Watertown, TN to Garden Prairie, IL 61038.

gas up here is running around $2.80 a gallon. but that could change at the drop of a hat. mapquest has a nice calculator http://gasprices.mapquest.com/.
look for the gas calculator on the right side of the screen. ;Sweet

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
ONLY 7 DAYS LEFT ;Sweet.

just a quick reminder for everyone. if you are planning on attending and would like to be included in the itinerary, drop me a pm with your contact info.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well with 1600 miles total...

One way miles for you is around 650 but you have to figure in some extra driving, just in case...

and let's say get 15mpg... that would mean you would use 106 gallons of fuel and figure... 3 bucks a gallon (again prices can spike without warning)... that would mean you need to have $320 for fuel... so if you only have 100 then stay home... because it's gonna be a long long walk...

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one more thing. i drive 50-55 MPH so i get better than 15 mpgs. I can go to lebanon and back on Empty. lol.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Fordman: it's not a terribly complicated formula, I think I posted if for you a few days ago. Plug in your gas prices, and your MPG's. Then if you think you can make it; give it a go. You haven't lived until you've hitch hiked. But argve and mel have given you very good advice.

Google maps puts Watertown, TN to Garden Prairie, IL at 535 miles.

535 x 2 = 1070 miles.

1070 miles / 18 MPG (estimated since you didn't specify your mileage) = 60 gallons of fuel

60 gallons of fuel x $2.80 pr/gal = $168 total

Like arve said, you're not going to drive up then shut your truck off for the rest of the weekend and not spend anymore money, so it would be a wise idea to have plenty of extra money.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well hell, i guess your right, i just wish my stupid mom would pay me back for paying her car insurance this month....... oh hell (as my grandfather would say)

my gas tank only holds like 16 or 20 gallons. ....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't have enough cash for the trip. Sorry but, it's true. You've not planned for food, activites, or the cost of staying somewhere. You will have to pay the campground for a spot even if you just sleep in your truck. This is on top of the fact you don't have enough money for fuel.

Heath

Last edited: