Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im headed off to pay my car insurance and deposit money into the bank and hopefully will have enough just in fuel money to get there..... say a prayer....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well im headed off to pay my car insurance and deposit money into the bank and hopefully will have enough just in fuel money to get there..... say a prayer....

Dude, don't forget... just because your driving north, doesn't mean it's all downhill going home. Your going to need gas money for BOTH directions, FOOD, and Lodging. And the campground charges for visitations, so even if your not staying don't come with empty pockets. Seriously. It's not safe to be traveling like that.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well guys.... It's looking like I won't be able to attend... Work has had some set backs and they are looking for folks to be available.... Which me being the low man on the pole you can guess what that means for me.... I ain't complain' because as you guys know I spent last year out of work so I didn't complain at all when I seen the email... they are planning on running that weekend full staffed and then some... I ain't complaining because it beats being on the couch all day... all the time....

Oh well I guess there is next year....

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im probably going to come up there, im trying to get my mom to come because she does need a vacation and she sounded ecstatic when i told her i was going on vacation. i probably most likley wont be able to bring my IDI because im still waiting on the darn guy to get his poop in a group and get it too me so i can sign my title over on my 94 F150 (300 Straight 6) and trade him for his 86 IDI.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and mom is chipping in too. as for lodging ill sleep in my truck lol.... and I got a food card too. so thers food,lodging, and fuel. lol

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Well guys.... It's looking like I won't be able to attend... Work has had some set backs and they are looking for folks to be available.... Which me being the low man on the pole you can guess what that means for me....

:eek::eek::eek: whose gonna be my co-pilot now??????? i hope things work out and your able to attend. i'm gonna be a little lost with out that voice in the back of my head saying "yep,need more fuel".

and mom is chipping in too. as for lodging ill sleep in my truck lol.... and I got a food card too. so thers food,lodging, and fuel. lol

;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang Travis, that stinks. You'll be missed for sure. I understand how it is. Work is work. Gotta keep the bills paid, and food on the table. Hope to see you next year my friend.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya... major bummer. Now you gotta tell me what you were driving. :(

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So by looking at the list from the first page, and counting out the ones who have cancelled, I see about 8 families, or 10 trucks. Do we have any idea what kind of day visitation we should expect? Maybe we need a new head count for food purposes? Those of you who were picking up shirts that are now not comming, let me know where to ship them.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Bummer Travis,... Wont this be the first one that you have missed,..?

BTW,...What are you driving,...:dunno

Certainly hope things change and you can make it,.I mean not like you loose your job and can make now make the Rally,,... I mean just a schedule change,..:D

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT FYI TO ALL RALLY ATTENDEES

This was passed on to my by my Dad (Who lives in Illinois) please be mindful of this on your travels to and from the Rally!!

Illinois will begin using photo radar in freeway work zones in July. One mile per hour over the speed limit and the machine will get you a nice$375.00 ticket in the mail. Beginning July 1st, the State of Illinois will begin using the speed cameras in areas designated as "Work Zones" on major freeways. Anyone caught by these devices will be mailed a $375.00 ticket for the FIRST offense. The SECOND offense will cost $1000.00 and comes with a 90-Day suspension. Drivers will also receive demerit points against their license, which allow insurance companies to raise Insurance rates.

This is the harshest penalty structure ever set for a governmental unit involving PHOTO speed enforcement. The State already has two camera vans on line issuing tickets 24/7 in work zones with speed limits lowered to 45 MPH. Photos of both the Driver's face and License plate are taken. Pass this on to everyone you know who might be affected!!!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/illinois.asp TRUE

Just wanted everyone to know. A $375 speeding ticket would really spoil a fun trip!!!