Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well hell... looks like ill have to wait another freakn year. this would be the 2nd year in a row that i missed. all because i have a money grubbing mother..........well next year I want to help plan the next one....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a good old fashioned piggy bank, and start filling it up with your pocket change. By this time next year, you will have a good bit of money in there. We start looking forward to the next rally in the final moments of the current one. I set aside $1200 over the course of the year to spend on this rally. It's not enough, but I have good credit. :rolleyes: It's never a good idea to undertake such a serious event as a vacation on a last minute whim. Many of us have been waiting all year for this, and expect to have a really good time. If somebody shows up and just coasted into town on fumes and is not prepared to do all the stuff we want to do, it's a real drag on the rest of us who have high expectations not only on our own fun, but other peoples too.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow this camp ground SUCKS, I'm on the hook for the weekend weather I cancel or not, so if you guys need an extra spot for parking I have one. I know its my fault for not canceling sooner but they wont even work with me and they said even if they find someone else to use the spot I still get charged so I'm not gonna cancle and let them make 2x the money. I can get it down to 3 days so it makes it a little better, so you guys can have a spot for 3 days to do what ever you want to.

Last edited:

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
i'll see what i can do.... i listed there policy's in the very first post. i don't think it's very fair of you to say "they suck" because the policy's that were presented were not followed. there are several people who have worked tirelessly to make this weekend a very enjoyable one. i'm sorry things didn't work out and you are unable to attend, but is that any reason to throw me and my campground under the bus?

There is a three day minimum stay for the weekend ...........

cancellation policy - being that it is a holiday weekend, they are requiring a two week notice for any cancellations.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not throwing anyone under the bus as I said its my own fault for not cancleing sooner, but whoever I spoke to on the phone wasnt exactally helpfull or polite about me wanting to change my reservations. Its just frustrating to me, with everything else I'm dealing with changing revervations was the last thing on my mind. I figured I'd have to pay something but what really got me was the attitude of whoever I spoke with.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
ok, thanks I got it. ok one more question... and i will leave yall alone lol. how much gas money is it going to take to get from Watertown, TN to Garden Prairie, IL 61038. I got somewhere around 105$ total for GAS and I run the low grade my truck seems to run better with it, :( not Diesel. man i wish i could get that IDI now from my friend.....

Im in the same boat as you not enough money to make it very far into kentucky, there is always next year im going to start saving this year so i can go next year

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I've been saying this all year, but next year I am thinking about packing up the gear and heading down south of the border to a rally.

I mean let's face it. I ain't getting any younger, though I am only 26. I work like a dog all damn year, never take any time off...hell, I BARELY take a sick day once a year.

I don't get paid vacations, but my girlfriend does. If I can swing it into my budget (which shouldn't be a problem next year) then I think I am going to do it.

But since I can't make it this year, can y'all do some of us a favor?

Take LOTS of pics and videos for those of us at home?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I've been saying this all year, but next year I am thinking about packing up the gear and heading down south of the border to a rally.

I mean let's face it. I ain't getting any younger, though I am only 26. I work like a dog all damn year, never take any time off...hell, I BARELY take a sick day once a year.

I don't get paid vacations, but my girlfriend does. If I can swing it into my budget (which shouldn't be a problem next year) then I think I am going to do it.

But since I can't make it this year, can y'all do some of us a favor?

Take LOTS of pics and videos for those of us at home?

Ya gotta try and make one Chris, these meets are my must have vacation for the year. Family oriented great food and awesome friends. Can't ask for a better week away than that.:thumbsup:

We all take our share of pics no doubt.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Think that you would be our first International Visitor, so we could start calling it the IDI Rally an International Event,..Kinda like the Sand Lake Airport is an International Airport because some Canadian Geese landed there once,....;Sweet

But seriously,.. You gotta make one of these Rallys!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Hey guys, its been a while since I have been on. It kills me to say, but I have cancelled my reservations and will not be able to attend. I will post in the lounge to avoid clutter here. Lets just say my personal life has gotten in the way of many things.

Mel, I will get a check out to you for the shirts, haven't forgot about them.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darn that sucks. We've lost a lot of participation this year. Too bad, but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess. No matter, I'm still excited about going, and being on VACATION with good friends! ;Sweet I spent today getting the Moose Truck and Tail ready for the trek, when we head out Wednesday night. Took the Moose Tail on a test tow, and cleaned everything up when I got back. Lady Moose is ready, and Night Moose has a new... um.. hmm, probably not my place to say. Don't want to steal Matthias' thunder.

On another subject, I know some other people besides Graham have birthdays over the rally weekend. We will be celebrating Graham's birthday when we arrive, and hope those who can make it will join us. Who else has one during our week together?

You must be registered for see images

Here's hoping it can look this good again, after we drive through whatever maelstrom mother nature throws at us.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
dammit mel, now i have to wash my truck AGAIN.:rotflmao:rotflmao i envy those with a garage big enough to keep their trucks in. let me tell you that illinois salt and a 24 year old truck don't play well together

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wish we could all make it this year but we need to get things under control here first. Its a great time and we'll miss bein there but there will be other get togethers.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Chris no worries. Goldie will probably roll in dirty too if I can refrain from breaking any more things.

Hey.Mel, mine is the fifth. So count us in.. :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Birthdays? Birthdays?..... Don't forget. I guess I distracted everyone with pictures. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger