New R&D injectors

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plan on getting one in the near future, though. My pump started failing soon after installing new injectors (due to more demand on the pump?) My symptoms were no start with a warm engine. Had to cool the pump down (gently) to get it started.
The injectors had nothing to do with hot start issues.
It may have aggravated it but didnt cause it.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting that the injectors were at fault. I was suggesting that a worn out pump might not be up to the task of supplying new injectors and that may be why it's recommended to replace both at the same time.
It may be anecdotal that my pump started acting up when warm after I replaced the injectors but that's what happened in my case.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never thought about that one. That's a quick injector test if you've got the setup for it. I mean how important is looking at the spray pattern when it's popping exactly where/how it did before?

Also, just wanted to say I just ordered a set of the stock injectors from R&D and will be installing them when they arrive. As much as i'd like to get a new injection pump...Christmas funds have already been spent on gifts for family.
I agree, that was my basic motivation. Just a simple pop-test, no removing injectors. I liked those results, too.
As for spray pattern... its not super important for splash ignition. The only key factor is you can't see if the injector drips just under pop pressure. But I wouldn't replace a set of them just over that anyway. It's not a show truck! :angel:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86