na to turbo

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i was diging around the jy i work at today. i found an 88 f250 that we crushed.

it still has a up pipe and turbo manifold on it. so we are pulling the truck out so i can grab the parts. problem is the turbo is gone. so is the intake. all that is there is the up pipe and driverside manifold that the turbo mounts to.

also need help to identifie the kit as the intake is gone. the turbo dosent sit on top of the motor. it sits to the side by the brake booster

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sadly that "side mounted" turbo is no longer supported.It sits on top of the drivers side exhaust manifold that has been modified to handle it. The passenger side manifold dumps into the bottom of the drivers side manifold. Any idi intake manifold is a turbo or non turbo intake.

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That looks like the early Hypermax turbo that I saw back in the late 90's. I thought it looked cheap and homemade compared to Banks and ATS. I do know that their current offerings are MUCH better looking and higher quality. There could have been other brands that were made like this one. That's just the only one I've seen.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the driver's exhaust manifold if it's cheap. I'd be interested to see how it fits together; might work nicely for a larger turbo. My S360 barely fits where the Banks was, and it's hard to get intercooler piping around everything without blocking all your motor access.

(if you don't want it), let me know. I think it'd be fun to play with, and shipping shouldn't be *that* much to Idaho... Or I could have it shipped to my brother in Seattle.

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im grabing the driver manifold. and whole exhaust. at the very least i get the turbo manifold. so i can mount a turbo. and get the flange for the pipe. so i can build a kit. i wasnt gonna do turbo due to cost. but i am now!

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell i wasnt even gonna pull my heads befor i intalled the motor. i am now. time for arp studs.

SlippyRider

Reaction score
Get the driver's exhaust manifold if it's cheap. I'd be interested to see how it fits together; might work nicely for a larger turbo. My S360 barely fits where the Banks was, and it's hard to get intercooler piping around everything without blocking all your motor access.

(if you don't want it), let me know. I think it'd be fun to play with, and shipping shouldn't be *that* much to Idaho... Or I could have it shipped to my brother in Seattle.

Howdy, neighbor. I'm just north of Coeur d'Alene.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online