moose ip

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone is going to come along and suggest you put your vehicle info in your signature. Who knows, you could have an hx35 turbo stuffed in there

I believe Mel specifies the moose for turbo only with a recommended intercooler, too. The baby moose being designed for the NA applications

Reaction score
True ill be done with them Thursday but last time I was driving it it was giving the symptom of the ip going out. It would get hot then would have a hardtime starting. The odd thing is I could pull start relativly easy. So I thought I would knock out two birds with one stone. I just had the fuel filter changed so if they did it wrong would that cause it to act funny like that

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
That could, especially if they didn't purge the air out of the lines. Get the turbo put on, monitor egts, then report back, then it'll be easier to tell what pump will best suit where you currently are.

Reaction score
Sounds good I'm excited to see if there were any power gains from the new compressor. Also I put the hypermax cowl in I was getting a little worried of the intake tube being right above the exhaust manifold

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90ididoorguy if that wheel works as a upgrade an raised boost please post results.

Reaction score
I would like to see 15-17 but more importantly more airflow. However it is a billett wheel so its lighter so it should spool faster and reach more boost due to it being lighter. I will let you know what I see. The motor was rebuilt to the 94 Idk turbo spec 100,000 miles ago the tranny and transfercase and clutch were done 10,000 miles ago and I only payer 2700 for it I thought that was a good deal

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend studs and then you could pump boost up even higher. RacinNdrummin over at FTE is making 340/759 on a stock bottom end turbo block...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll put it this way, my Banks Sidewinder can't effiecently make enough boost to burn all the fuel available from my Moose pump and Moose injectors. Search for this years Rally Dyno videos. The smoke it produced is evidence of that.

Heath