moose ip

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you are concerned about the bottom ends in these engines not being strong enough... don't... they can handle what you throw at them. They really are bullet proof for the torque and hp we throw at them. Really nobody has ruined a crank by adding hp....

Reaction score
I'm not really worried about the bottom end I know all these motors are really stout. I need to het it to pass the etest. Took it in before I found out about the compressor wheel and failed with 87% opacity. So the new compressor wheel should help and I might have to mess with the ip and turn it down.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Many of us are running moose ip with stock bb codes. Worked well for me. See sig for hp/tq numbers

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but dyno seems to be showing it I think the bb codes for the amount of fuel delivered by a moose pump is perfect. The turbos we use can't keep up with a regular moose. The bb's produced the same power as misters at the mi rally this year so its tested an proven. The moose misters to get the performance that they truly make would need to be backed up by a super moose or p pump or anything the will deliver more fuel than a regular moose. Also a turbo change from the big three would help. You could get by on a modded ats kit,an studs. Also the pop pressure would need to be raised higher if they were to tested with more fuel. The misters are a good injector but you can't see there full potential until they get more fuel pushed through them.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The turbo is certainly limiting my power output in the crew cab dyno'ed in MI. As you can seen in the video, I'm wasting a good bit of fuel as I just don't have the air to burn it completely. Thus, the true potential of the Moose injectors is NOT relized on my rig, that's for sure.LOL

With that said, I'm fine with it as is. I built it to haul my camper, not to make a certain amount of HP, or pull a sled. Just wanted a reliable, yet powerful IDI hauler, and that's what I have. Adding another turbo may take away from the reliability and I don't want that. So, it'll keep the Banks turbo.

Heath

Last edited:

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya they do work great but when other trucks get an upgraded injector they out perform the other trucks not all get around the same. I think that the moose products would make alot more power behind other turbos it's kinda a waste un burnt fuel no good they pack a hard punch for a couple seconds and fall better turbo would fix that. The moose pump spits large amounts of fuel down low an peak around 2800. The more down low burn the better these trucks are gonna run. I am gonna run compound Vgt minis. That way it should run hard an burn all fuel. I believe that Fuel=boost=power like others but you need boost on an idi instantly to burn fuel an make power. B+F=P Were slugs down low an work well in the middle an lose up high. With a Vgt it will keep you in the power band. It should be reliable its a matter of tunning. Theres no reason our motors cant be reliable. It's all in your tunning and thinking ahead of how to build it an be able to fix it the eaisest way and faster way possible if somthing breaks. I'm not building a drag queen just a torque monster. Idk getting off topic now. Sorry. But there great products I just think for the money spent that the bb's and that amount of fuel with that turbo is better in the bank. Like Corey said bb's worked great for him. an many others running same set up. I wanna run the misters in my build but with more fuel an higher pop pressure an for the money I will notice the full potential of those critters. But one advantage the misters may have is better mpg that I honestly have no clue on. Mpg really doesn't bother me i drive this truck because I like it and I'm comfortable inside it.

Reaction score
Alright guys I got the compressor wheel in the mail today should have everything all put together and ready to go including the rust repair by Monday

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you post a before and after video of what the smoke looks like coming out of the exhaust? I may have missed it, but what is your boost at with the turbo as is both cruising and max?

Reaction score
I Don't have a video and the reason I am changing the compressor wheel is due too mine getting damaged by a mechanic here but he is doing the rest of the work for free because of it. But the boost while cruising Ia would see 5-6 and while hiting the go pedal I saw a max of 8 once again I don't really want more boost but more airflow

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
At least you understand the difference between boost and volume...I guess here on this forum that doesn't surprise me. On some other forums, that seems to be all people talk about is how much boost they're making...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is why all the turbos that come with these engines become so inefficient at a certain point. Boost is only a measure of restriction not necessarily how much oxygen is packed in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchellen2

Members online