Jesus Freaks WMO thread!

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Summer or winter blends for me is dictated by how the truck starts cold and without a block heater. If it fires right up at 32f then I know it will work well. If it struggles to start then more thinning agent goes in.
Also key things I listen for are: is my turbo spooling up like it does with diesel, do I get decent cab heat, how the throttle response when cold vs operating temp.
Gas blend, are usually 10-15percent summer and 20-25 winter, ishhhhh. I really play it by ear and gotten used to not measuring things out like I used to. Gotten a feel for it.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always love it when somebody tells you what to do on your truck, apparently they either do not have one, or don’t have enough work to do on their own :)

by the way, that comment is toward those who comment on somebody else’s rust on their truck
I can't stand and try to avoid the phrase, "if it were me......".

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For better filtering, have you thought about using gravity-fed whole-house water filters? It would be super slow, but you can get 1 micron filters for $1-$2 bucks a piece if you buy in bulk. The housings are only $20-$25 as well.

Express Water – 50 Pack Sediment Water Filter Replacement – 1 Micron, High Capacity – 10 inch – Under Sink and Reverse Osmosis System Filters (Model: FLTSED0150) https://a.co/d/cIjXVj8

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought about the whole house filter. Never thought about a gravity feed with it though. I do officially have a centerfuge now, but it'll be a while before it's up and running. The whole house thing is worth considering. I do plan on setting up a gravity feed system in the not to distant future as I'm moving towards a centerfuge system.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went and picked up @140 gallons of oil this morning and the dude gave me a 330gal IBC tote! So I've officially got 2 big tanks finally so I can take my processing to the next level. I'm contemplating a couple different ideas, but I guess I kinda got a bent towards building a platform above my red tank doing some type of gravity feed. But I'm debating should the red tank pump up to the IBC and the IBC gravity feed my fuel cell, or the IBC gravity feed the red tank and the red tank fill my fuel cell. I do have a centerfuge, but I'm not sure I'm interested in integrating it yet. But I'm not marrying any idea yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20230530_133830.jpg
    IMG_20230530_133830.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 7

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
If you're ever this way, we throw those tanks away all the time.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where happens to be this way? When we finally get to buy the house we are wanting I’m going to need 4 of them.

North Portland area. I actually have one in my back yard in Beaverton that's up for grabs right now.
I can feel the Oil Burners.net love.........I'd take a couple, but I'm at the opposite corner of the contiguous united states. It keeps us Jesus loving types safe from Caesar Nero, who historically burned us christians to light up Rome at night. But HEY, if y'all haven't seen the movie "Jesus Revolution", I really recommend that you do. And there's guy named Steve Greg that has a call in talk radio program called "The Narrow Path" out your way too @Nero , I listen to it online a couple different ways but I think the station you'll hear it on is KPDQ 800am, and Steve is on at 1 or 2 pm. Call him and ask something, I listen to all his programs. Anyway, there's my shameless plugs for Steve Greg and the "Jesus Revolution" movie.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And yes more filtration on the truck would be good as most WMO guys do but you have to refur to the " poor white guy" statement, it's one step at a time with me. It's coming though. And those jiffy lube places are a little guarded as far as coming off their oil, I have a really large regional junkyard about a mile from my house I'm going to start tapping on my next collection. I'd love a solid source of transmission fluid but the only tranny shop in town is...... well....... problematic at best.
Tranny fluid is going to be full of metal shavings on the majority of transmission shops...most folks don't spend for just PM fluid changes and the fluid that is salvaged from them will also have a bunch of other contaminants from unit failures.

I tried to save used tractor hydraulic oil but I noticed that the metal shavings from hydrastatic units were not settling to the bottom of the bucket. Additives that keep contaminants in suspension were probably responsible. I have not tried to dilute the oil with fuel to see if it will defeat the 'keep in suspension' tendency.

Filter, filter, filter, would be the rule of the day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.