Jesus Freaks WMO thread!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys who are running WMO out of big shop waste tanks, what do you think/know/do about the possibility of brake fluid in your oil? It seems like people are generally anxious about running it, but maybe it's not a big deal at lower concentrations. Are there really any ill effects to brake fluid in the fuel system? What concentration of brake fluid would you feel comfortable running?
Yeah, if you're pumping 150 gals out of a 500 gal tank, how much brake fluid could really be in there? The real gamble is getting outta bed and driving on the road or flying in an airplane........I'll take my chances not paying govt taxes on dead dinosaurs. And the way I see it, I'm saving the world. I mean, somebody has to do something with this stuff.

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you're pumping 150 gals out of a 500 gal tank, how much brake fluid could really be in there? The real gamble is getting outta bed and driving on the road or flying in an airplane........I'll take my chances not paying govt taxes on dead dinosaurs. And the way I see it, I'm saving the world. I mean, somebody has to do something with this stuff.
Kinda what I been thinking. We're kinda like environmentalist .lol

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda what I been thinking. We're kinda like environmentalist .lol
And hey, the companies that buy wmo from the shops they sell it to the Navy. Our big navy ships run on WMO. And think about this, our trucks are 35-45yrs old, they haven't had to dig any ore out of the ground or smog up the air making our trucks in 4 decades!!!! Look what lithium mining and all the other stuff that goes in to making a Tesla is doing to the environment, heck yeah we're environmentalist! Revolutionaries even! Free thinkers! Yes sir, I'm saving the world, one tank at a time!

Last edited:

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We do have to be careful though. I had quite a hard time getting oil without an EPA license. I may look at getting certified if it gives me a pretty good upper hand in collecting oil. Especially is regulations become tighter.

I'm always super careful when transporting oil from a shop to home base. It just takes one person somewhere in the state or country to screw up and spill their collected oil. It'll happen eventually and make news somewhere, then that's when the laws go into place.:confused:

Point being made - Don't be careless!

Never-Have-I-Ether

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We do have to be careful though. I had quite a hard time getting oil without an EPA license. I may look at getting certified if it gives me a pretty good upper hand in collecting oil. Especially is regulations become tighter.

I'm always super careful when transporting oil from a shop to home base. It just takes one person somewhere in the state or country to screw up and spill their collected oil. It'll happen eventually and make news somewhere, then that's when the laws go into place.:confused:

Point being made - Don't be careless!

Never-Have-I-Ether
Absolutely! Wise as serpents, harmless as doves Jesus said in Matthew 10:16.

Azidiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an innovation of mine to monitor for air and such. There's no filter in this and the holes are drilled a bit bigger. The check valve went out in my mechanical fuel pump one time and I could tell because my sight glass was empty. I was also able to watch the air intrusion when my fuel selector valve went bad. Kinda handy.
Have something like this set up for mine too

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely! Wise as serpents, harmless as doves Jesus said in Matthew 10:16.
Why not go ahead and run off-road diesel? It's the same thing, running a non-taxed fuel on the road. They do have paperwork you can fill out to pay the road tax if want to do it.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But that cost money, I'm not hurting anyone. I pay plenty of taxes. Wise as serpents, harmless as doves.....

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ihhaven't updated this in a bit and wanted to revisit my really basic and hardly scientific setup. Right now I've got a 4-500gal tank full of stuff, by stuff I mean there's a bunch of oil, ATF, diesel, rotten gas, etc in there at no particular mix but it's got a consistentcy a bit thicker than diesel and a bit thinner than 10w-30........ pretty scientific huh? All the stuff I have in the 6 drums and my big tank came out of IBC totes that have been sitting for a long time so I pumped them out without disterbing the bottom 10-12ins. So in my opinion they're pretty well settled but it'll be a few months before i put the drums in the big tank so they'll get to settle more.

From my big tank I pump through a Golden Rod filter that's supposed to be 30 microns straight into my truck. The pumps pick up is @12in off the bottom of the tank.

I still have some plans to improve on my filtering before the oil goes in my truck, but this is where I'm at right now and I'm happy.

If any of you are looking into WMO, make sure you look at @NeverHave-I-Ether , @kbenz , and @AcIdBuRn02ZTS stuff. These guys centerfuge their oil and there might be something to it. I'm an unusually poor white guy and am still climbing that ladder, but HEY ain't nothing wrong with doing it right if you can. For me, it's just doing something. Anyone can sit around and say, " oh it would be neat to do something like that", but some of us actually DO IT! I say that to say: it might be better to centerfuge,but you don't have to sit around and wait for a centerfuge to happen you can start experimenting tomorrow. The first time I did WMO, I literally strained 5gal through a shop rag dumped it in my tank went 3miles down the road a found out that my electric fuel pump didn't like my new idea. Got the truck back to the house, ditched the electric pump reattached the manual fuel pump and went again..... without stopping.

Attachments

• IMG_20221031_154958.jpg
    IMG_20221031_154958.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20221031_155554.jpg
    IMG_20221031_155554.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 12

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Hey got any spare John deer lawn mower parts? I need a starter! LOL

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I got a 42" deck for a high end JD, not a 100 series. It's on Okaloosa Craigslist if you want to look at it.
Hey got any spare John deer lawn mower parts? I need a starter! LOL
I try to avoid JD and zero turns, because they command such a big price. I try to stick with craftsman/Husqvarna/Poulan, they're my Sherman tank mowers, but every now and then I get a JD.

Azidiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ihhaven't updated this in a bit and wanted to revisit my really basic and hardly scientific setup. Right now I've got a 4-500gal tank full of stuff, by stuff I mean there's a bunch of oil, ATF, diesel, rotten gas, etc in there at no particular mix but it's got a consistentcy a bit thicker than diesel and a bit thinner than 10w-30........ pretty scientific huh? All the stuff I have in the 6 drums and my big tank came out of IBC totes that have been sitting for a long time so I pumped them out without disterbing the bottom 10-12ins. So in my opinion they're pretty well settled but it'll be a few months before i put the drums in the big tank so they'll get to settle more.

From my big tank I pump through a Golden Rod filter that's supposed to be 30 microns straight into my truck. The pumps pick up is @12in off the bottom of the tank.

I still have some plans to improve on my filtering before the oil goes in my truck, but this is where I'm at right now and I'm happy.

If any of you are looking into WMO, make sure you look at @NeverHave-I-Ether , @kbenz , and @AcIdBuRn02ZTS stuff. These guys centerfuge their oil and there might be something to it. I'm an unusually poor white guy and am still climbing that ladder, but HEY ain't nothing wrong with doing it right if you can. For me, it's just doing something. Anyone can sit around and say, " oh it would be neat to do something like that", but some of us actually DO IT! I say that to say: it might be better to centerfuge,but you don't have to sit around and wait for a centerfuge to happen you can start experimenting tomorrow. The first time I did WMO, I literally strained 5gal through a shop rag dumped it in my tank went 3miles down the road a found out that my electric fuel pump didn't like my new idea. Got the truck back to the house, ditched the electric pump reattached the manual fuel pump and went again..... without stopping.
Need to idi swap those mowers lol.

Ya i need to make my electric pimps go away befre i get too big in to it also with 28deg mornings now not sure if i agoukd wait

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fix and sell riding mowers, that's why there's so many. I should start a riding mower thread.
But yeah, I'd ditch the elec pumps though they say a Holley red or black will pump it. As far as temps @Mt_Man and @u2slow mention summer and winter mixes. Hit them up, but I'd guess 50/50 would allow your truck to drink it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.