Jesus Freaks WMO thread!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of. It's not nearly as clean though.

Have you ever seen the amount of contaminants in WMO compared to diesel that comes right out of the pump? There's the difference between "clean" and "dirty". Even after having settled, there will still be a lot more stuff mixed in with the WMO that you don't get out of the pump. If you don't believe me, just ask someone to post up their Blackstone lab report.
Yeah, I know but I'm just not one to worry about it too much. If someone showed me a pie graph and a statistical analysis I would still be unaffected. And I promise, settling does very little to actually clean the WMO. Pretty much nothing, I'm sure.
But I'm sure dead dinosaurs are probably pretty nasty too.

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I promise, settling does very little to actually clean the WMO. Pretty much nothing, I'm sure.
Sarcasm? Your be quite surprised. Settling is the #1 thing you do processing WMO or WVO. Let the sludge settle to the bottom. I never pull oil from the bottom 6" of the barrel. Eventually I'll need to get to the bottom to showcase the gum and tar down there.

Never-Have-I-Ether

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sarcasm? Your be quite surprised. Settling is the #1 thing you do processing WMO or WVO. Let the sludge settle to the bottom. I never pull oil from the bottom 6" of the barrel. Eventually I'll need to get to the bottom to showcase the gum and tar down there.

Never-Have-I-Ether
I know the sludge goes down, I should be more exacting with my language.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ask someone to post up their Blackstone lab report.
Ooo, Me!
Here’s my results from December after the ol’ 6.9 hit the scales at 12,000lbs from dirty Jersey to Northern Idaho.

Attachments

• 86 F250-211211.pdf
    236.1 KB · Views: 31

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooo, Me!
Here’s my results from December after the ol’ 6.9 hit the scales at 12,000lbs from dirty Jersey to Northern Idaho.
Well, I looked at it. With all those extra ingredients you would think that your engine could maintain itself better.

Figor

Reaction score
There’s a guy over at the lister diesel forum that runs his Benz on nothing but waste oil and gas. I don’t know what his mixture ratio is but he’s been doing it for years.
I stopped at a few oil change places and garages to try and get used oil. They all dump their antifreeze in with their oil so I just quit looking. That really put me off. Wish I could find a place that didn’t do that.

My Cummins manual recommends dumping the used oil in the fuel tank 1 quart per fill up. I found that amusing. I actually did it for years with no problems. That was the 6bt. I doubt the newer ones could stand it.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a guy over at the lister diesel forum that runs his Benz on nothing but waste oil and gas. I don’t know what his mixture ratio is but he’s been doing it for years.
I stopped at a few oil change places and garages to try and get used oil. They all dump their antifreeze in with their oil so I just quit looking. That really put me off. Wish I could find a place that didn’t do that.

My Cummins manual recommends dumping the used oil in the fuel tank 1 quart per fill up. I found that amusing. I actually did it for years with no problems. That was the 6bt. I doubt the newer ones could stand it.
I've got a bunch of sources around here. I wish I could get other people in my area interested, then we could have a community centerfuge or just feed off one another.

That's fasinating about the Cummins. But yeah, these new motors would cough twice, die, and need the fuel system replaced.

Black dawg

Reaction score
As far as settling....oil from my shop goes into 5 gallon buckets where it usually sits for a couple weeks before being dumped in the big tank. After about 6 months, I throw the bucket away, as it has a couple inches of crud in the bottom. The stuff that is in the bottom of the bucket looks and feels like the black rubbery substance that I have seen cleaned out of centrifuges many times after filtering used motor oil.

I feel that stuff other than just sludge/coolant/water contamination settles out. Even after settling stuff out in the buckets, it is pretty impressive the amount of stuff in the bottom of my storage tank....

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
In regards to your engine studder.

1) Many swear by filling Up the fuel filter with atf, run the truck for a couple of minutes. Shut the truck off and let it sit overnight. That I cleaned up their running issue.

2) Perhaps you have a clog or water/coolant in the fuel filter.

3) Check your ignition switch. If you can shut off the engine without moving the cylinder very far or with much force it might be killing power to the IP as your keys swing or bounce when driving.

When IDI‘s surge or buck it is usually fuel starvation.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I got a pretty serious hand pump. My 400gal tank is just sitting waiting for my tow truck to get done.

Luke_IDI

Reaction score
You guys who are running WMO out of big shop waste tanks, what do you think/know/do about the possibility of brake fluid in your oil? It seems like people are generally anxious about running it, but maybe it's not a big deal at lower concentrations. Are there really any ill effects to brake fluid in the fuel system? What concentration of brake fluid would you feel comfortable running?

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys who are running WMO out of big shop waste tanks, what do you think/know/do about the possibility of brake fluid in your oil? It seems like people are generally anxious about running it, but maybe it's not a big deal at lower concentrations. Are there really any ill effects to brake fluid in the fuel system? What concentration of brake fluid would you feel comfortable running?
Brake fluid isn't necessarily bad in small quantities. The issue is the water which it absorbs. The oil I get from the local shops is clean and just plain ol' oil.

I wouldn't stress about it. Just settle your oil and drain the water off the oil. Centrifuge it, and burn it.

Never-Have-I-Ether

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx