insert drool here --------->

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
I found an 89 f-350 sc dually the other week, and I finally desided to stop n have a looksie at er. First I thought the price tag was over 4 grand, but when I got close It said 2750, so now im thinkin, yea, its a 2 wheel drive automatic 351, not even worth my time. Well was I wrong!!! The closer I get the clearer the lettering on the windshield gets as I am makin my way around cars n other trucks, now I can make out the word diesel, then under it "Its a Turbo" now im like bumping into other cars damn near leaving dents! sure nough the first thing I see is a Pyro sitting on the dash, N what lies under the hood but an ATS turbo charged 7.3L IDI! that has been clearly maintaned, so after I wipe the drool off of my face, I go back to see what the heck that thing was thats on the shift lever, N that says Ranch One, with 2 LEDs and a switch, obviously for an Overdrive unit. I take a looksie, n sure enough OVERDRIVE! on top of all of this, not hardly any typical NY rust, XLT LARIAT, with Buckets, and cloth seating, and a rear slider! Other then the fact when the guy came over and started it, it rattled so loud I had to practicly yell to hear myself speak, it ran so nice and smooth and cold started so nice, (if you want to classify 40 degrees cold) It was unbeliveable! Oh and did I mention its at a DEALER, for $2750????? In my truck stuper state, I completly forgot to see what gears it has, and what trans it has. I just assumed c-6 because of the overdrive unit. But I thought 89 was an overdrive year?
So anyway, What tranny is it? This is kinda the whole point, but I thought id just give ya'll a nice lil story on my find here. Sorry if ya wernt interested!
Oh from what I have gathered, extremly loud rattling can be contributed to timing?? am I correct, or is it just the engine? I cant compare it to mine as mine is exceptionally quiet compared to most other 7.3 IDI's ive ever heard.
Hope I can get a loan, I dont really care if I need it er not, hehehehe its just beautiful! Some pics could be in order tomarrow for all to see if I remember the digital!

:draw

sassyrel

Reaction score
89's where the switch year--so unless it was ordered with a c6--its a e40d--i havent checked it out--some said they seen c6's---in up to 95's--i havent checked with the parts man--

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
If I could find something like that here... it would be parked in my front yard. Just a little to far for a drive for me. ;)

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
2750.00 is a heck of a deal, let me know if you don't buy it! :Sly

sassyrel is correct on the trans, mine is a 89 with a C6, but I have seen some 89's with the OD tranny also.

Also make shure that it is an Overdrive unit, not an Underdrive unit. I have had one of those on the lot one time. Some of those were underdrive units for more towing power, so check it out.

It is worth it just for the turbo and the OD unit

Good luck and post some pics,
Darrin

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A properly timed truck running on cold advance first thing IS very loud. Very normal.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Gee Darin what is my 91 CC worth? Low mileage engine ATS non waste gated turbo.Goose neck ball in back.-E40D-CC Dually.Real solid cab .Bed is rough but not rusty. Needs some TLC .Drivers door has a deer buckle.needs a left fron parking light(Same Deer) It will be up for sale soon if a friend from MA doesn,t buy it. Mr Bill

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on that Mel!
I went back there today for my daily truck fix and found out it is a open rear 4.10, and plumb forgot to look at the indicator on the dash for what trans, but saw the code n forgot cause I was talkin truck with with the hottie dealer lady! you heard me right, a hottie, somewhat knowledgable truck hottie! Oh and I was leaving a snail trail from the other beautiful wonder I somehow missed yesterday!!! -Drool A 93 CC dually ZF-5 XLT with custom plush interior, oh and most important, 7.3L International diesel! (that is supposed to be sold for 3700!! (but isnt paid for yet :Sly :Sly :Sly )
Where can I find info on identifying the trans code? I cant remember it, but if I saw it id know it. And the OD unit is called Range one, or Range over?
As much as I would LOVE to own either of those beauties, I just started my new job and really dont need another, BUT........ The place is called Guss's used cars, on Arterial highway, I believe Hillcrest, or Binghamton, NY. Im going to look after I post this to see if I can find a number for ya'll. hehehe the lady asked if I wanted to be contacted if/when they get somethin like em in, so im on there "Call me now" list for 1-tons and 4 wheel 3/4 ton diesels. Plus i'll be looking now! So i'll be letting you guys know when I find somethin.

on edit: sorry I forgot the digital this mornin so i didnt get any pics! :sorry:

ramon f350

Reaction score
you must go back and get some pics of the trucks and maybe the hottie sales girl with the trucks

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
HEY!! you guys I bet she doesn't go with the truck.That is important to understand when negotiating a price :rotflmao
Just thought I d clue you in B4 you get into trouble :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online