Injection pump wrench

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of the specialty wrench used for loosening the three nuts to adjust the pump timing?

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case you aren't aware - it is possible to do with a regular open end wrench. It's a pain, but doable. I just got a set of gear wrenches I'm hoping will make it easier, or just get the tool.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A gear wrench wont fit. I ground down a couple of regular wrenches. Only takes a few minutes to loosen and tighten them with them.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case you aren't aware - it is possible to do with a regular open end wrench. It's a pain, but doable. I just got a set of gear wrenches I'm hoping will make it easier, or just get the tool.

I have used the same thing and it has worked fine for me as well. An open end wrench will do the job, just takes a bit more time like mentioned.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
There is another wrench made that works on the IP nuts, I will have to find the name again (or check old threads on OB). It is about $50 new, and is sold on fleabay once in a while. I'm not sure it was made for our engines, but it works very well.

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I just changed my pump out and made do with a normal wrench. I bent one using mapp gas but it wasn't right. The amount of time it was taking I realized it was quicker to fumble through it with a regular wrench. Now that I got a pic I will try re-bending it when I have some spare time. Thanks again!

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
An open end wrench will do the job, just takes a bit more time like mentioned.

I'm living proof of this, Ian, as you well know. Wished I'd had my stubby wrenches with me the other day!

You must be registered for see images attach

Was already so determined to git-er-done by that last nut, that nothing was going to stop me! (Challenged myself at Pick-n-Pull, to let the rest of you in on this silliness!)

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
As said before, just make/modify your own. It only takes a little time with a grinder.

Here's some pics of what I use:

Last edited: