ignition woes

pontoonrob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
working on my truck over the weekend,Installed a glowplug controller. Went to start the truck and no power to the controller happened. Then turned the key to off and truck remained running! rats!! so I am assuming this is a wiring problem in the wires going down the column. \Ordered a new turn signal wire harness from Rock Auto. In the meantime what wire shuts off the engine? gong to wire up a few temperary switches to run the truck. Already have button to energize starter,also have switch for fuel pump,so what else is needed? switch to injection pump? and?----Rob

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Sounds like your FSS (fuel shutoff solonoid) stuck open. IIRC, it's the wire on top of the IP (left side maybe?). Mine stuck closed once, but hasn't done it since. Leaving the ignition on without the engine running will cause the FSS to overheat and stick since the flowing fuel cools it.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is an 88 you are working on the turn signal harness does sfa for ign.

The ign switch is operated by a rod that runs doen column to a slide switch. That switch could be nfg.

Also the forward most plug losest to engine fan on IP on drivers side which is the largest plug is fuel shut off solenoid.

Sounds like something is crossed and back feeding the syztem or wires ha e shorted out.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can figure out what ya screwed up from this diagram.

Attachments

• Scan.BMP.jpg
    Scan.BMP.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • 87 up Glow plug system.jpg
    87 up Glow plug system.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member