idi performance

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
hey i am new to site.... hello everyone. i have a 1992 crew cab longbed idi with only 95000 miles on it. i am looking to do some upgrading on the motor. i have intentions on buying an isspro pyrometer and turning the fuel pump up. and i really want to put a turbo kit on it? anyone selling a kit for a reasonable price? is there anything else i can do to make more power and torque? thanks for taking the time to read my post :hail

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Another Oregonian ;Sweet. Seems like us Oregonians are coming out of the woodwork this past year or so LOL.

Yes the biggest thing you can do to an IDI is buy a turbo. The new ones are nice to have, because you know they come with everything and they should last for a long time, but they are quite spendy. I hear banks actually discontinued there turbo lineup for the IDI, and I also hear some people say that ATS is no longer making/selling kits, but I think they still are. A used kit will run you around $1000+- a couple hundred depending on condition. I'm sure someone on here has one for sale. You can also look on ebay for a kit, along with craigslist.

And you have the right idea, before you do any mods, put a pyro on. If you cant get a turbo, you can always rig up an intake, theres different styles you could choose to use, and then put on a freer flowing exhaust. This will help out alot, but definatly not as much as a turbo.

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Before finding my turbo set up, I had called banks and emailed Hypermax (just last week). You can still purchase new from both of them. For how much longer, I do not know. But Banks wants $3300 for their system and I did not get a dollar amount from Hypermax. Dean here in Cornelius has a couple of turbo set ups. He might be interested in selling on of them. You would have to check with him.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a nice one for sale in the Marketplace forum here. ;Sweet

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ottoparts are you sure about banks system costing $3300 that seems a little high. My truck was less than that. Hypermax wants $1875 for theirs. Amd ATs wants $2100 for theirs. These are all way to high for my I was just wondering. It seems like everyone wants to crap on diesel owners now adays.

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Yea I'm positive. It a complete kit from front to rear. Turbo, all new exhaust from turbo to tail pipe, transmission controller, and gauges with POD. I'm sure the turbo itself might be alot less, but all they were offering was the kit.

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
To both Pino2234 and Onetonride, just keep an eye out for low dollar truck with the stuff on it already. Thats what I did. If you find my posting "Turbo/SVO", you can see the truck a buddy and I acquired for only $600 with a banks sidewinder setup and all the veggies conversion stuff.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
onetonride

Welcome to the site. Nice looking truck. I have a '91 SC painted the same way.;Sweet

Tom

Attachments

• Black Beauty 2.JPG
    Black Beauty 2.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 12

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
When I bought my truck I got all excited at the sidewinder stickers on the rear window. Asked him if he still had the motor (he was putting in a gasser :rolleyes:) but after digging through his parts pile no luck. I still think finding a cheap truck would be the answer, there was one on craigslist here for $800 with an ATS setup here a while ago

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7