I just acquired a '93 model IDIT 190HP turbo engine, tips and info please?

PCausey

Reaction score
No not even close all the core suppliers here said they had dozens of 460 cases sitting on shelves that just don't sell and no one in DFW, TX was interested in my old 460 case. I sold it dirty at the recycle for enough to buy lunch one day

PCausey

Reaction score
OK I'm trying to post pictures again. Here's three to begin with, are they visible?

You must be registered for see images

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I'm trying to post pictures again. Here's three to begin with, are they visible?

You must be registered for see images attach

Now they do :D

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion. That thing is way too tall. All that mass up that high is going to be a danger on the roads. Why so tall? You don't have any where close to the up travel to use all that space. U joints are going to wear out, bump steer is going to be a *****. Love your ambition, love vans, built many of them, but bringing that one down to earth would make it so much better.

PCausey

Reaction score
Opinion noted however it only has 5" of suspension lift over it's OEM height. I began with a OEM 4x4 van and it always had incredible stability. I don't think an extra 5" is going to make that much of a difference considering I'm seen other 4x4 vans with as much as 10" of lift. Also my OEM front axle was always extra wide, nearly 3" wider than the rear so this time I put in a dually truck rear and expanded my rear wheel footprint by 5" to provide some more extra stability.
And even with all that I still plan on having a couple of roll bars inside and I'm not going to race it anywhere. It's purpose is to comfortably get from point A to point B without shaking up the keg.