Got boost? I do!

pafixitman

Reaction score
After 12 hours, countless dollars and many sore backs, my turbo is installed. Many, many thanks go out to (in no order)
Land_yaght, agnem, ericboutin, exekiel69, deezlwex, 160k87F250, 2106, turbo_animal, darrin_tosh and a few I am sure I have missed. Also need to thank Mrsmoose and pafixitwoman for their patience! Pics are posted here . All in all I think it went well. Needed to make a few parts runs and improvised on a gasket but boy o’ boy is it sweet! Factory IDI ATS turbo w/ the new housing, elbow and downpipe. Isspro boost and pyro gauges. Autometer volt, oil pressure, water and tranny temp gauges along with a Factory Tech valve body in the E4OD. I just realized I do not have a “finished” pic, so I’ll take a few tomorrow. The brotherhood is great! Not a shot I could have pulled this off by myself.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Damn,

Sorry I missed the party. Couldn't ditch the little sister's Birthday party. It looks like it went very well though. It appearred a test drive took place during daylight ;p.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Yay!!! Congrats Man. There are few things as good as the air jamin perma grin. ;Sweet

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job .. Did you get it off a donor truck or from a Ford Dealer? Thanks.. Enjoy...

Al

pafixitman

Reaction score
Scott - I understand the family deal. Yeah, it was daylight when we finished. Never made it to Jimmy Cone, took the little heads to a local ice cream shop afterward.

Al - I got it from Darrin Tosh. It came off a '94. I upgraded the elbow, down pipe and housing. Ordered a few gaskets and fittings from Ford.

Rob - Let me just say that I now understand! :D ;Sweet

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, I was happy to help out. EZ and Mel were the real brains behind this operation.

Thanks to you and Steph both for the pizza and hospitality, as well. And Steph and Suzi's patience for making numerous parts runs.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Yeah, EZ was the muscle behind the install! :hail Scott, you were under the truck more than me! :hail

Hard to say Ron. Total w/o tools, food and drink was about $1850 but that was the turbo, upgrades, E4OD upgrade, All 6 gauges and mounts and misc. bolts and gaskets. The upgrade to the turbo and tranny ran as much as the turbo from Darrin! cookoo

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I had a great time with all of you guys doing wath we all like so much. Man that truck is cool... gauges everywhere and a continuous neverending whistle. :Sly

btw scott you got some beast there. ;Sweet

Nothing better than a job done the way we did, everybody giving their ideas. Also we went trought some dificulties but still made it on time, some times even making the parts from wath we got.

Congrats on the new :D Joe.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
btw scott you got some beast there.

That's the sound of power. :Sly

Powerfull squirrels. Yupper. ;p LOL

EZ is THE MAN when it comes to haveing fingers that can do pedestal bolts. He sure saved me a lot of pain. Many thanks to everybody who helped, and sorry to make you change your clothes twice there John. It was kind of you to jump into the fray. Now we need some pictures of that dang transmission dip stick tube installed on a factory turbo, if anybody would be kind enough to take a couple and post them. that was the only part of the project I didn't have a good feeling about when we were done.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Had a great time yesterday. No problem on changing, at least I came prepared this time with work clothes. Funny how all the social gatherings revolve around WORKING on these trucks before getting to enjoy them.
At least the kids finally got their ice cream.

Joe, enjoy your new truck. I know you will. Thanks for the pyro, and let me know about the air cleaner set up. I am already thinking of modifying the air cleaner to a dual snorkel set up. Looking into a modified r/s battery tray, then cutting the core support and running a hose similiar to the set up on the drivers side. I have to move the engine dipstick, but as I said yesterday, dipsticks are over-rated. See ya,
John

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
"dipsticks are over-rated"

aha, so I'm not the only one that uses the 'cut and plug' method with a transmission dipstick?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance