Got boost? I do!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I got some here. There are more i'll pass them later if you guys want to do a write up on ats turbocharger install.

Attachments

• ATS Turbo install at Joe's 006~1.jpg
    ATS Turbo install at Joe's 006~1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ATS Turbo install at Joe's 019~1.jpg
    ATS Turbo install at Joe's 019~1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 8
  • ATS Turbo install at Joe's 020~1.jpg
    ATS Turbo install at Joe's 020~1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 11
  • ATS Turbo install at Joe's 025~1.jpg
    ATS Turbo install at Joe's 025~1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 11
  • ATS Turbo install at Joe's 021~1.jpg
    ATS Turbo install at Joe's 021~1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 8

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good pics EZ! If you want to do an article, I'll put it in the tech section. ;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Ok, I make that one and the one for propane and holley pump that i promised then I send them to you for check up. Lets just wait for the season to go slower and I'm all typing.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet ;Sweet Awesome!! Congrats Joe!! I was wondering how ya'll made out! Glad I could be there on the phone anyway??!! :thumbsup: Hey remember how I told yah I was just gonna leave my hood unlatched for the next time you called...well bad idea!! Had the 'ole hood fly up and scare the crap out of me on the way to the dump!! Looks like I'll have to be readjusting the hood yet AGAIN! Yah that's right I've done that dumb a$$ trick before!! :frustrate cookoo

Anyway congrats again!!!

pafixitman

Reaction score
Sorry about that Eric!
I do need a pic of the location of your tranny dipstick. I do not think mine is in the correct location.

I just ran out at lunch. Forget upgrading the stereo. I want to listen to that whistle all of the time. ;Sweet

pafixitman

Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
you may proceed to edit your sig :Sly :D

I did Saturday evening - here and drama stop. Did I miss something?

Thanks again EZ. What you lack in height you make up for in determination and muscle! :rotflmao :rotflmao

On a side note, you going to Kaufman's (that dyno shop on Rt15 that clutters their parking lot w/ Dodges) October 15th? Steph has a Pampered Chef Party that day and I have been commisioned to watch Doug & Nicole. Sounds like a road trip to me!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I can tell you firsthand that you NEED to be sure the trans dipstick is in properly. If not, it will leak constantly. I forgot to install the one banks gives you in the kit & only realized it when I saw it on the ground next to the stock one while cleaning up after the install. I couldn't get it into place without taking the DP off again, but I could get the stock one sorta in place so I made that one work......I thought. Leaks BAD. My driveway is starting to look like something that would make Mel proud. I'll put the right one in when the tranny comes out. Just my $.02.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Scott,
Thanks for the input. We have the tube installed. The location in the engine compartment is open for debate. EZ thinks we pinched the o-ring. She is not slobbering, so that seems ok. We had to remove the y-pipe and fiddle w/ it for about 15 minutes and just let the engine compartment side come out where it wanted to. The tube I got may have been bent at some point. I'll upload some pics of the engine compartment tonight.

SIKPUP

Reaction score
Good job ! Wait till you you tow . I've had my perma grin now since July. I also didn't know how many of you guys were so close to me.

Good Luck,
Mike

pafixitman

Reaction score
Mike,
That will be the test. That was also my main reason for getting a turbo. I always had the opinion that it is a CC dually diesel, not a sports car.

The "godfather" is in your backyard and you never knew it? I have a coworker and fellow IDI'r in Parkesburg (or real close to there). wexman is from the Filthydelphia area. You need to join us some time!

I think us IDI guys need to crash this party!
I was there in the spring. Their choice in trucks may be cookoo but they are a great bunch of guys.

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think us IDI guys need to crash this party!

I would really like to see more of the IDI crowd at the Fall Brawl. We have always had a good showing of PSDs, but not IDIs. This is a all-diesel truck event, and we all have a good time. Trucks from all over the east coast, and some from the midwest are scheduled to come.

Last year, we had about 150 trucks over the 2-day weekend.

Scott

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
deezlwex said:
Pretty good-lookin' crew in those pics. :Sly :D
Of course, the big question there is, who is who? I recognize Mel, but that's about it...

Things like this make me wish the Bay Area (or, even, the entire CA) IDI group was bigger...although, even still, my mom has laughed at me a few times over how much time I've spent at towcat's shop over the past few years ;)

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
i hear ya warden.
when I put my turbo on, I often thought an extra set of hands woulda been helpful.

wish the southern Georgia IDI group was bigger..... or it'd at least be nice if there was one :)