Glow Plugs Not Working

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask what your ficm voltage was. [emoji31]that would have told us. Hope they don’t **** you to bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
The local stealership said about $700 for the part and labor is extra, but either way it needs to fixed and it's a company truck glad it isn't my truck.
There is no way I could have done this job I have no way to flash the FICM.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I would do what I did and ship it off. To FICMrepair.com or ficmfixer.com. Turn around was less than a week. I also ordered my XRF Ball Joints from ficmrepair and when they were backordered I got a phone call, to let me know..... so they have good service. I plan on ordering the XRF steering rebuild kit after the first of the year.....

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
I don't have a good quality scanner to do the diagnostic work, or the ability to flash it. So the best option was to take it to the stealership at least it will be fixed right.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Jasper,

I believe, if you buy a new or reman from somewhere, the FICM has to be flashed to the vehicle.

But, if you get a half shell, or do a repair, you don’t need a flash.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Maybe. I've never heard that before though.
Can't say that that's wrong though. Lol
I'll go snooping around.
Per ficmrepair.com seems like they do all that. All you do is bolt it in.
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
Jasper I know on the big trucks all of the control modules have to be flashed with the correct parameters or the vehicle won't react properly.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ron,

How much do they run, I know what getting mine repaired several years ago cost, just wondering the comparison.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Scott, I can't recall right off the top of my head. They give me a pretty good discount due to the amount of parts I have been getting from them tho.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FICM's have been pre-programmed for quite some time now. They list at $615 or so at dealerships, but should be able to get them for around $400 to $450. Auto Nation White Bear Lake is selling them for around $415.

Tasca Ford is selling them for $400 (they are all remanufactured now)

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-reman-module-engine-control-eec-hc3z12b599crm

The quality of these units is probably the same as what was originally supplied. Folks like FICMrepair.com offer upgraded components for longer reliability.

Last edited:

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
Finally got the truck back from the stealerahip, $1800.00, a FICM and a injector later it starts and runs like new I have yet to drive it, haven't been called out for any road service calls yet but there should be a noticeable increase in power.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep your voltages up with a good alternator or you will be buying another FICM down the road .......