Frustrated!!

Tyrod

Reaction score
My hood on my truck has flown open for the second time, the first time i thought was beacause of my broken core support. So i replaced the core support and pretty much everything on the front end of my truck, iv had problems with getting the hood to shut correctly sence then. Every time i adjust the latch and hood to get it to shut correclty it will work great for a couple of days then its like every thing shifts and the hood starts to have problems shutting and staying shut. I have checked every bolt nut and screw on the front making sure everything is tight trying to solve this problem but it does not work:dunno any suggestions? it flew open today and this time all the way open bending the hood into a U shape!!!!:mad:-cuss:mad:

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a short length of nylon strap or rope under the hood, with a snap and eye-bolt; the strap/rope connected to the under-side of the hood and the eye-bolt attached to the core support.

Leave just enough slack to reach between there to work the snap.

Make certain that no part of this can get into the fan or belts.

This will not cure your problem, but it will prevent the hood from flying over the wind-shield. ;Sweet

Tyrod

Reaction score
Ill do both of those things tomoro, i guess im going to start the body work and getting ready for paint tomoro sense i now have a reason to start now. Going to go with a flatish black on the bottom with the top half of the truck white. Guess im going to hold off on the engine build till thats done

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also check the firewall behind the fenders for cracks, it will let the cab/ clip joint flex like crazy. I will post the pic if I can find it,..

Tyrod

Reaction score
k thanks, i fixed the flying open part now :) 10 dollar hood pins from the parts store work wonders