FPR shimming

DBogo

Reaction score
is there any downside to doing this will it shorten engine life or shorten the life of anything and what does it do more power more smoke what is it exactally

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
from what i've read it just raises the fuel pressure to ensure the injectors get a full load... helps in atomization so it makes the engine more efficient.. i have heard people say it adds HP. and MPG and reduces fuel crackle in the late model trucks

maybe somebody a little more educated in FPR shimming will come along and clean up my explanation but i think i got it pretty accurate

they say 65-70psi is where most of them like it... but every truck is different, i plan on doing this mod after i get my fuel pressure gauge installed

kwazyca

HALF A BUBBLE OFF?
Reaction score
jlayne said:
from what i've read it just raises the fuel pressure to ensure the injectors get a full load... helps in atomization so it makes the engine more efficient.. i have heard people say it adds HP. and MPG and reduces fuel crackle in the late model trucks

maybe somebody a little more educated in FPR shimming will come along and clean up my explanation but i think i got it pretty accurate

they say 65-70psi is where most of them like it... but every truck is different, i plan on doing this mod after i get my fuel pressure gauge installed

jlayne has it right. 2 years no problems for me. I run in the 65# range.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
I've got an upsidedown bassackwards shim & installed it in summer of 98 ifin I remember right (but it could be summer of 99) & it started out over 100psi & think I ended up around 65 psi.

No extra noticable black smoke till I did the SCMT thing.

No problems at all with the upsidedown bassackwards shim :D :D :D

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
if you know somebody that has a new edge evolution put it on your truck for a minute... the new programs they have out are wicked!!!

the new programs 80hp setting will smoke my old evolutions 100hp, it also has much much much better low end power

i'm sending mine off this week to get upgraded with new software

Dzlnut

Reaction score
You can get the california regulator kit from ford if you don't want to messaround with the guess work. I don't recall the number but they can look it up under the cali trucks.

Stevo

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
About the only negetive thing I have heard about shimming the FPR in high mileage/orig fuel pumps is the OCCASIONAL report of F/P seal failure.
Seems higher mileage pumps cannot handle the press loads.

BoyerCustomTruck

Reaction score
Anybody have the part numbers for the spring that goes in there? mines broke. If the california kit has a spring in it, that would do also...

Thanks in advance

kwazyca

HALF A BUBBLE OFF?
Reaction score
BoyerCustomTruck said:
Anybody have the part numbers for the spring that goes in there? mines broke. If the california kit has a spring in it, that would do also...

Thanks in advance

What year is your truck???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online