FPR shimming

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BoyerCustomTruck said:
Anybody have the part numbers for the spring that goes in there? mines broke. If the california kit has a spring in it, that would do also...

Thanks in advance

Fuel Pressure Regulator (contains spring, valve spool & new brass plug)
(Ford) F5TZ-9K061-A (federal emissions; 94-98)
(Ford) F6TZ-9K061-AA (CA emissions; engine serial no. 201681-98)

Fuel Pressure Regulator Spring
(Navistar) 1823643-C1 (federal emissions; 94-98)
(Navistar) 1825854-C1 (CA emissions; engine serial no. 201681-98)

SEE HERE FOR PSD PN# LIST

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try, but that list was not my compiliation.... that was a list from many "old guys" that I gleaned and posted here. Thanks goes to Swamp, Dieselmann, The_Alaskan, Patrick, and the countless others who have posted part numbers to help fellow PSD owners.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
geonc said:
About the only negetive thing I have heard about shimming the FPR in high mileage/orig fuel pumps is the OCCASIONAL report of F/P seal failure.
Seems higher mileage pumps cannot handle the press loads.

i think that is just a coincidence.... the shims only adjust the pressure the injectors see, they only up the pressure on that side of the regulator.. the way our pumps (or a superduty's pump.. not sure about OBS) are designed they put out max rated output (120 psi i think) from key on to key off 24/7, so the fuel pump really doesn't know anything is different on that side of the regulator.. its still pumping out its 120 psi

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here, came over from DS board.... if any of you need FPR orings, lemme know, I've put a kit together, it's for '97 with the flat bottom cover, but other's have used it on other years as well.

MADVAN

Levittown N.Y.
Reaction score
From what i have found. E-series vans, Cal F-series, All have split shot inj with higher pressure reg. So if you have either you allready have the mod. I would say the mod is safe (it comes from the factory). Only diff is you will use mod with single shot inj.

BILL